Infineon's new 1200 V TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT7 and EC7 diode technology is based on latest micro-pattern trenches technology which provide strongly reduced losses and offer a high level of controllability.
The chip is specially optimized for industrial drives applications, which means much lower static losses, higher power density and softer switching. Additionally, by raising the allowed maximum operation temperature up to 175 °C in the power module, an increase of the output current of up to 40 % can be obtained.
- Industrial robots
- Commercial aircon
- Lowest on state voltage VCE(sat) and Vf
- Tvj op=175°C at overload
- Enhanced controllability of dv/dt
- Optimized switching losses for dv/dt = 5kV/µs
- 8 μs short-circuit robustness
- Improved FWD softness
- Higher power density due to use of smaller power modules (e.g. 25A PIM in Easy1B)
- Low losses to meet energy efficiency requirements
- Optimised trade-off between losses and EMI
- Lower system cost