Since years Infineon wows audio customers all over the world with its technologies and products.Now it is time for setting new standards. With MERUS™ Infineon establishes one brand synonymous for excellence in Class D audio throughout all application categories.
Infineon’s MERUS™ class D audio amplifier solutions address a wide range of applications in the field of portable/battery powered, home and professional audio applications. The broad portfolio covers power ranges from 20W to 2kW per channel from the smallest single-chip devices and multi-chip module (MCMs) to highly scalable discrete audio amplifier solutions consisting of powerful MOSFET/CoolGaN™ enhancement mode (e-mode) HEMT and driver ICs combinations.
- Portable / battery powered
- Professional audio.
- Family of monolithic amplifier ICs: MA12040P, MA12040, MA12070P, MA12070
- Additional on-chip MOSFETS to produce outputs with a higher signal granularity
- Scalable signal granularity keeps the power loss extremely low
- Proprietary circuits architecture -> virtually no switching loss in idle mode
- Multilevel switching for ultra-high power efficiency and filter-less amplification
- In realistic audio playback situations (i.e. average output power) traditional Class D audio amplifiers consume significantly more input power (~1 W on average) than MERUS™ integrated multilevel audio amplifier ICs (~0.25 W)