The FDMF3170 is ON Semiconductor’s next generation Smart Power Stage (SPS) solutions with fully optimized, ultra-compact, integrated MOSFETs with advanced driver IC current and temperature sensors, for high-current, high frequency, and synchronous buck DC-DC converters.
With an integrated approach, the SPS switching power stage is optimized for driver and MOSFET dynamic performance, system parasitic reduction, and power MOSFET RDS(ON). The integration of Power MOSFETs with a driver IC also enables high accuracy module-level current and thermal monitoring. The FDMF3170 provides an output signal (IMON), which reports the real-time module current. The IMON signal can be used to replace inductor DCR current sense or resistor sense methods. There is also very accurate thermal monitoring (TMON) that provides a 0.8V output at 25°C with an 8 mV / °C slope.
- CPU and Memory Voltage Regulators Compliant with Intel's VR13 Purley Systems
- High-Current Multiphase Voltage Regulators
- Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Cards
- Server, Storage, Telecom
- DC/DC Power Module
- Up to 70 a instantaneous peak current handling capability
- High-performance, universal footprint, copper-clip 5mm x 6mm PQFN package
- ON Semiconductor’s Powertrench® MOSFETs for clean voltage waveforms and reduced ringing
- 30V / 25V breakdown voltage MOSFETs for higher long term reliability
- Optimized FET pair for highest efficiency at 10% ~ 15 % duty cycle
- Optimized for switching frequencies up to 1MHz
- Integrated current monitoring (IMON)
- Integrated temperature monitor (TMON)
- Catastrophic fault detection features
- Thermal flag (OTP) for over-temperature condition
- Over-current protection fault (OCP)
- High-side short detect fault
- Under-voltage lockout (UVLO) on VCC and PVCC
- ON Semiconductor green packaging
- Pb-free, Halogen free/BFR free and RoHS compliant
- Optimized for driver and MOSFET dynamic performance, system parasitic reduction, and power MOSFET RDS(ON)
- High accuracy module-level current and thermal monitoring.