The ARM® Cortex-M33 processor is exclusively for user application software, and it offers 1 MB of flash and 256 kB of RAM dedicated to this use. The M33 application processor shares the power, clock and peripheral architecture with Nordic Semiconductor nRF51 and nRF52 Series of PAN/LAN SoCs, ensuring minimal porting efforts.
The peripheral set offers a variety of analog and digital functionality enabling single-chip implementation of a wide range of cellular IoT (internet of things) applications. ARM® TrustZone® technology, Cryptocell 310 and supporting blocks for system protection and key management, are embedded to enable advanced security needed for IoT applications.
The LTE modem integrates a very flexible transceiver that in hardware supports frequency range from 700 to 2200 MHz (through a single 50 Ω antenna pin), and a baseband processor handling LTE Cat-M1/ NB1/NB2 protocol layers L1-L3 as well as IP upper layers offering secure socket API for the application. The modem is supported by pre-qualified software builds available for free from Nordic Semiconductor.
- Low power System-in-Package with integrated LTE-M/NB-IoT modem and GPS
- LTE-M and NB-IoT support in bands from 700 MHz to 2.2 GHz
- Worldwide operation
- Up to +23 dBm output power
- -108 dBm RX sensitivity (LTE-M)
- Arm Cortex-M33
- 1 MB flash + 256 kB RAM
- Arm TrustZone + Arm CryptoCell
- eDRX, PSM
- SMS, IPv4/IPv6
- TCP/UDP, TLS/DTLS
- BSD secure socket, LTE L3 API’s
- AT commands for control
- Package: 10 × 16 x 1.2 mm LGA
- Sensor networks
- Logistics and asset tracking
- Smart energy
- Smart building automation
- Smart agriculture
- Retail and monitor devices
- Medical devices