STMicroelectronics LPS33HW – MEMS based, digital barometric pressure sensor with water resistant package
The LPS33HW is an ultra-compact piezoresistive pressure sensor which functions as a digital output barometer. The device comprises a sensing element and an IC interface which communicates through I2C or SPI from the sensing element to the application.
The sensing element, which detects absolute pressure, consists of a suspended membrane manufactured using a dedicated process developed by ST.
The LPS33HW is available in a holed ceramic LGA package. It is guaranteed to operate over a
temperature range extending from -40 °C to +85°C. The package is holed to allow external pressure to reach the sensing element.
- Pressure sensor with water resistant package
- 260 to 1260 hPa absolute pressure range
- Current consumption down to 3 μA
- High overpressure capability: 20x full scale
- Embedded temperature compensation
- 24-bit pressure data output
- 16-bit temperature data output
- ODR from 1 Hz to 75 Hz
- SPI and I²C interfaces
- Embedded FIFO
- Interrupt functions: Data Ready, FIFO flags, pressure thresholds
- Supply voltage: 1.7 to 3.6 V
- ECOPACK® lead-free compliant
- Wearable devices
- Altimeter and barometer for portable devices
- GPS applications
- Weather station equipment