Cirrus Logic CS43130/131
Cirrus Logic CS43130/131 - low power HiFi headphone DAC
The CS43130 combines a next generation, low power audio DAC with a high-fidelity headphone amplifier to provide a superior system-level audio performance without draining battery life. This IC minimizes board space requirements while enabling performance and features to drive design differentiation.
The CS43130 features a high impedance of 600 Ω, and inter channel isolation of >110 dB. To minimize pre-echos and ringing artifacts, the CS43130 is designed with proprietary digital-interpolation filters that support five selectable digital filter responses. Filtering options include low group delay with pseudo-linear phase and a fast or slow roll-off. Volume matching of the analog output levels and channel mixing enable a seamless transition between the DSD and PCM playback paths.
The onboard low noise, ground-centered headphone amplifier provides proprietary AC impedance detection to support headphone fingerprinting to provide a consistent and transparent audio experience for the end user regardless of transducer impedances or frequency responses. The amplifier also supports adaptive post processing for customer bundled and third party headphones/headsets. An integrated auxillary audio input and "click-less" switch is provided for non-high-fidelity use cases.
Features & benefits
- 32-bit resolution, up to 384kHz sampling frequency
- Superior system-level audio performance
- 130dB (A-weighted)dynamic range
- -115dB (unw.) THD+N (CS43131)
- -108dB (unw.)THD+N (CS43130)
- >110 dB interchannelisolation
- 0.55 uVrmsidle channel noise
- Low-power playback prolongs battery life with only 23mW power consumption
- Integrated aux audio input and click-less switch for non-HiFiuse cases