OSRAM SYNIOS P2720 for 2D facial recognition
The system compares the image with the images previously stored for the purposes of identification, focusing on characteristic two-dimensional features
Smartphones, tablets and the like can now be unlocked in very different ways: with a password, fingerprint scan or even an iris scan.
2D facial recognition is another method and involves illuminating the user’s face with an infrared light source and capturing the image with an IR camera. The system then compares the image with the images previously stored for the purposes of identification, focusing on characteristic two-dimensional features. If there is a match for the various data then the device will be unlocked.
- reduces red glow with a wavelength of 940 nm (120°)
- impressive performance with an output of 1,150 mW at 1 A
- ideal for space-critical applications: 2.0x2.75x0.6mm
- superior corrosion robustness
- By using a wavelength of 940 nm, Synios P2720 reduces the red glow that can occur with infrared light sources in the short-wave infrared range. Up to now, the sensitivity of IR cameras was only good if the light source had a wavelength of 850 nm. The cameras have been further developed to give them greater sensitivity in longer wavelength ranges so 940 nm light sources can now be used – which in turn improves the overall performance of the system.
- Bright and uniform illumination of the user’s face or eyes is particularly important for facial recognition and also for eye-tracking systems. Synios P2720 offers impressive performance with an output of 1,150 mW at 1 A. Thanks to this high overall output it has a radiant intensity of 360 mW/sr.
- The new Synios P2720 has the same footprint as the 850 nm version. Measuring only 2.0 mm x 2.75 mm x 0.6 mm, the IRED is therefore ideal for space-critical applications
- Not released for automotive applications
- 2D facial recognition
- Eye tracking systems
- Infrared Illumination for cameras
- Brand: SYNIOS
- Device: SFH 4775S
- Function: Emitter
- Order code: Q65112A4691
- Delivery unit: 2.000 pcs per reel (R18)
- MOQ: 2.000 pcs
- MQQ: 10.000 pcs
- MSL: 2
- Country of origin: DEMY (Germany / Malaysia)