Broadcom BCM53156 with integrated PHYs and 10GE uplinks
Broadcom’s BCM53156 / 53158 is a family of highly integrated Gigabit Ethernet switches designed for high-end and cost-effective 1GE and above applications
Broadcom’s BCM53156 / 53158 is a family of highly integrated Gigabit Ethernet switches designed for high-end and cost-effective 1GE and above applications. The switch family supports eight 10/100/1000Base-T ports (with integrated GPHYs), one QSGMII port and additional one, or two, high-speed 2.5GE SGMII, or 10GE XFI/SFI ports.
The BCM53156 / 53158 are optimally designed for Gigabit-Ethernet SMB, industrial and service provider applications that take advantage of high speed uplinks connectivity of 2.5GE/10GE speeds.
- Eight 10/100/1000Base-T port with Integrated GPHYs.
- One QSGMII port
- Two 1000FX/2500FX (SGMII+) or 10000FX XFI/SFI ports.
- Integr. ARM-Cortex M7 CPU for cost-effective applications
- Support for cascading mode that enables the creation of a unified, single CPU, managed 16- 26 port switch.
- Support high-end QoS capabilities with hierarchical scheduling, eight egress buffer queues per port each with its own shaper, WRED and Tail-drop congestion avoidance, and dual-leakybucket ingress rate-limiters (also known as policers).
- Advanced Compact Filter Processor (CFP), also known as an access-list engine that can classify L1-L4 headers.
- Support for Virtual Switching Instances (VSI) for explicit segregation of bridging domains with advanced VLAN translation and encapsulation (for example, Mac-in-Mac).
- Port-Extender support per 802.1BR for design of modular chassis devices or pizza box platforms with remote port extensions.
- Advanced Time Sensitive Networking (TSN) protocol support such as 802.1AS to enable scheduled traffic transmission across an entire network domain.
- Power-saving green technology per IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet.
- Can be delivered with unmanaged software, Web-Managed software or two different Managed SDK software (RoboSwitch SDK and Network Switch SDK).
- Supports both commercial and industrial temperature grades.
- Unmanaged and Web-Managed SMB switches
- Industrial (Automation, Robotics, Transportation, etc)
- Enterprise Port Extender and security appliances
- Home-Gateways and MDUs
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.