Broadcom BCM8950X 7-PORT INTEGRATED AUTOMOTIVE SWITCH
The BCM89500/BCM89501 devices are Broadcom's first fully integrated BroadR-Reach® multilayer switches to support automotive qualification (AECQ100) for in-car networking applications.
The BCM89500/BCM89501 devices are Broadcom's first fully integrated BroadR-Reach® multilayer switches to support
automotive qualification (AECQ100) for in-car networking applications.
The BCM8950X family of products are the optimal solution for key automotive designs with high performance yet challenging low-power requirements.
Building upon 65 nm architecture, the BCM8950X family of products supports multiple intuitive low-power modes
as well as an automotive cable diagnostics feature.
176-pin 24 x 24 eLQFP package
4 (5) Integrated BroadR-Reach PHYs, 3 (2) uplink ports
- Automotive switch with integrated BroadR-Reach PHYs
- Cost effective connectivity through lower cabling cost.
- Advanced power savings with Green technology.
- Highly optimized for multiple incar network applications.
- Specific architectural and design enhancements are utilized to increase design for test, reliability, and quality to surpass AEC-Q100 and EMC requirements.
- Designed to support IEEE 1588 and IEEE 802.1AS timing functions.
- Designed to support both peer-to-peer and end-to-end transparent clocking in hardware.
- Automotive cable diagnostics feature can detect pair open/short and distance.
- Enhanced architecture supports nonblocking, line-rate data transfer at wirespeed performance for all fame sizes over unshielded single-pair twisted cable.
- Integrated switch core has provisions for the integrated ARM® Cortex™ R4 processor and dedicated on-chip SRAM to send and receive frames.
- Processor subsystem able to support timing stack and AVB bridging support functions.
- Support for Deep Sleep and Ultra Low Power modes, which reduce power consumption to zero during periods of inactivity.