Broadcom BCM89200 4-port broadR-reach® automotive switch
The BCM89200 device is Broadcom's first fully integrated BroadR-Reach® multilayer switch to support automotive qualification (AEC-Q100) for in-car networking applications
The BCM89200 device is Broadcom's first fully integrated BroadR-Reach® multilayer switch to support automotive qualification (AEC-Q100) for in-car networking applications.
- Enhanced structure for non-blocking line-rate data transfer
- Switch core supports on-chip ARM® Cortex®- R4 and SRAM
- Deep Sleep and Ultra-low Power mode support
- Proc. subsystem for timing stack and AVB bridging functions
- Enhanced architecture supports nonblocking, line-rate data transfer at wirespeed performance for all frame sizes over unshielded single-pair twisted cable.
- Integrated switch core with provisions for the integrated ARM® Cortex®- R4 processor and dedicated on-chip SRAM to send and receive frames.
- Processor subsystem supports timing stack and AVB bridging support functions.
- Deep Sleep and Ultralow Power mode support, which reduces power consumption to zero during periods of inactivity.
- Specific architectural and design enhancements increase design for test, reliability, and quality (AEC-Q100 and EMC requirements)
- IEEE 1588 and IEEE 802.1AS timing functions.
- Peer-to-peer and end-to-end transparent clocking in hardware.
- Automotive cable diagnostics feature, which can detect pair open/short and distance