PAN9026 dual-band Wi-Fi module with Bluetooth®
Panasonic has launched the new PAN9026 dual-band 2.4/5 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi radio module with integrated Bluetooth BDR/EDR/LE functionality.
Panasonic has launched the new PAN9026 dual-band 2.4/5 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi radio module with integrated Bluetooth BDR/EDR/LE functionality. The module has been specifically designed for highly integrated and cost-effective applications. The simultaneous and independent operation of the two standards enables high data rates (802.11n) and low-power operation (Bluetooth Low Energy). Integrated power management, a fast dual-core CPU, 802.11i security standard support, as well as high-speed data interfaces deliver the performance for the speed, reliability, and quality requirements of next generation products.
TX power calibration data and Wi-Fi/Bluetooth system parameters are already pre-stored on the one-time-programmable memory of the PAN9026 during production at Panasonic. This simplifies and speeds up the certification process for the customer. Furthermore, the module reduces design, test, and calibration effort resulting in reduced time-to-market compared to discrete solutions.
Features and benefits
- Dual band 2.4/5 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi/BT combo module
- Supports 802.11i security standards through AES, CCMP, and more ecurity mechanisms
- 802.11e Quality of Service is supported for multimedia applications
- IEEE 802.11n-compliant, 1x1 spatial stream with data rates up to MCS7 150 Mbps
- Bluetooth 4.2 (includes LE) as well as future Bluetooth 5.0 features
- Dual simultaneous and independent WLAN and Bluetooth operation
- Indoor Location and Navigation with IEEE 802.11mc
- Power management with sleep clock
- Coexistence interface for arbitration of co-located WLAN, Bluetooth, or Mobile Wireless System (e.g. LTE)
- Generic interfaces include SDIO 3.0 and highspeed UART for host processor connection
- Software Linux/Android driver
- Wide temperature range of -30 to +85 °C