Developing a working prototype is no small feat, and it can be one of the most challenging and time-consuming phases of product development. You need a lot of products, from development tools and components to design help, testing and production supplies, plus the time to test, assemble and secure regional compliance from multiple vendors. Any holdup makes it hard to keep your design cycles competitive in the marketplace.
Not only do you need both components and whole boards in small to mid-sized quantities immediately, but you have to navigate the complicated ecosystem of technology providers to fill in knowledge gaps and understand the best solution for your needs. What can businesses – from startups to enterprises – do to move a product from an idea to a working prototype that not only proves the concept, but helps you get funding and deliver ROI? Avnet offers you products, in the quantities you need them, quickly, plus design solutions and support.
Avnet offers an entire solution for building and testing your prototype.
The tools to get prototyping done
We support our customers at every stage – with the right components, services and knowledge – as they design and prototype their products. We offer:
- Broad linecard: You’ll find the broadest range of components, connectors, cables, power, test and measurement equipment, tools and electromechanical products on our websites
- Development kits: Avnet offers the broadest range of development kits in the industry plus exclusive customization rights from top providers like Raspberry Pi
- Feedback: In our communities, you’ll get unbiased product feedback from both peers and experts to help you work through challenges and understand what’s in the market
- Flexible purchasing: Avnet offers a wide variety of options to help you source components:
- An expanded inventory offers you same-day shipping in design quantities
- Customize your order online through tools such as our BOM upload, which can translate your bill of materials into an order with only a few clicks
- The Dragon Innovation Product Planner is more sophisticated than a spreadsheet but less complicated than an enterprise system, acting as a platform that helps you understand not just what components you have but the manufacturing consequences of design decisions to help you get to market faster
- Hardware Studio: For startups needing one-on-one guidance, Hardware Studio pairs Avnet’s hardware expertise, Dragon Innovation’s prototyping and contract manufacturing knowledge and Kickstarter’s funding platform to help get hardware products to market
Smooth transition from prototype to product
Avnet’s in-house capabilities help anyone from startups to full enterprise businesses ensure that the product they’ve defined and prototyped is the product they can deliver to customers. In planning, we’ll help you understand the impact of design decisions you made while prototyping might affect your plans to scale the product during manufacturing. We’ll also help in the selection and oversight of the contract manufacturer that will bring your product to life. Plus, if you need more from us than just stepping in at a single stage, Avnet offers the turnkey manufacturing solutions you need to move from specification to production with one single partner.
Whether you need us to troubleshoot a specific problem or get you from idea to product, Avnet’s here to guide you.
Avnet Wideband mmWave Radio Development Kit for RFSoC Gen-3
The Avnet Wideband mmWave Radio Development Kit for RFSoC Gen-3 is ideal for prototyping RF applications in mmW bands including 5G NR FR2, wireless backhaul, and K/Ka band radar and SATCOM. Explore mmW RF to digital using RFSoC Explorer ® for MATLAB
Monarch Go Pi HAT IoT-capable modem with optional GPS
Monarch Go Pi HAT supports Monarch Go and Monarch Go-GPS Cat-M1 LTE modems. Shuttle click expansion connector enables 3.3V I/O I2C, SPI, UART and GPIO modules from MikroElektronika. HAT is ideal for prototyping LTE and IoT-based applications.
Avnet's Renesas ZMOD4410 Indoor Air Quality HAT for Raspberry Pi
Convenient Raspberry Pi HAT for the evaluation, development and quick-prototyping of indoor air quality monitoring solutions. Detects a wide range of total volatile organic compounds (TVOC), and eCO₂ levels for a wide range of applications.
The MaaXBoard Mini computer — for embedded, smart edge & IoT apps
A low-cost, production-ready NXP i.MX 8M Mini processor-based SBC featuring Arm® Cortex® cores providing audio, voice and video processing for applications from consumer home audio to industrial building automation. FCC, CE and RoHS certified.