As the famous saying goes, “you can’t manage what you don’t measure.” If you collect data from every area of operations – from lighting levels, HVAC, signage, to fire arrangements – in your facility network, regardless of manufacturer, you’ll get the visibility you need on humidity, temperature, pressure, airflow, fluid or water leaks, smoke, and much more. Our Smart Facility Monitoring solution helps you to improve occupant experiences, reduce operational costs and enhance preventive maintenance planning using real-time and historic data with AI capabilities.
Keep a close eye on your facilities, at any time, from anywhere
If you set out the key improvements that you look to achieve, and put some numbers on the financial and operational benefits that they might bring, we will work with you to put together a business case which will include KPIs for each service and a detailed projection of ROI.
For instance, say you are a facilities manager. Keeping the tenants happy is one of your primary interests. To make this happen, you might have many subcontractors working together with you. From time to time, the communication between you and them may become challenging. Imagine that you have one view between you and your subcontractors, where you could send messages and cases to them and they could report back in. In fact, with IoT and AI, you, the tenant, and the building owner can discuss the actual data on how occupant-centric operating practices can be adopted and still operate facilities efficiently in a cost-effective manner. With a smart facility monitoring solution, you can achieve this, and many other features like anomaly detection, automated reporting, remote operation, and predictive maintenance.
IoT and AI give profound insights over facilities and help you to realize many benefits. Through better predictability, facilities managers can reduce overall facilities spend. If something does go wrong, AI enables automated reporting and creation of work orders. AI and IoT integrate with more systems and increase potential savings. Overall, AI and IoT together enhance occupant experiences, reduce operational costs, and intensify preventive maintenance planning.
Alerts help assess and combat facilities challenges
Alerts from the system align to categories that fit priority and need. They include:
- Emergency: Includes those problems which need your attention instantly and equipment need to be repaired as early as possible. In this case, AI and machine learning capabilities also match the skills required to correct faults with those of technicians currently available on duty and automatically generate work orders.
- High: Includes those problems which can cause escalating damage to your facilities or which can ruin your departmental functioning.
- Deadline: Includes those problems which are supposed to be handled within specific time frames.
- Routine: Includes requests for routine maintenance which directly impact occupant comfort. You can prioritize these tasks based on the chargeable requests you receive.
- Alarm and notification: Sends detailed alarm descriptions and correction instructions to facility managers and repair technicians.
- Actionable alerts: Precise, detailed signals ensure that your operators will know precisely what to do, without extra training, to protect your assets around the clock.
- Remote operation: Remote operation of your site devices eliminates the need for site visits and increases your assets up-time.
- Low power and long life: The sensors feature industry-leading power management, allowing them to last for up to 3-5 years depending on the environmental conditions.
- Predictive maintenance: Identify issues before they become more significant problems.
Avnet is your one partner for IoT. We can help organizations of any size create connected devices that run safer, smarter and more efficiently.Learn More
Through our extensive ecosystem of industry leading suppliers, we have the technology, relationships and expertise to bring your idea to lifeLearn More
Connect with Avnet's IoT experts to find the right solution for your businessLearn More