To get the right connections inside your system or being equipment in the operating environment, you’ll want a cable and connector assembly that meets all requirements. These requirements include the electrical and physical characteristics needed to deliver data, power and signal.
Working with Avnet on this saves you from having to invest in tooling, manufacturing space and labor to accomplish this on your own. We’ve made the investment for you and have the knowledge and experience to get the most out of the investment. In the past year, we’ve delivered over six million flat ribbon, cable connector and harness assemblies supporting applications across a wide range of markets.
You can count on Avnet for consistent quality and our ability to give you the scale you need to meet demand. Our value-add assembly centers are ISO certified. You’ll find our best practices in the design, supply and build stages ensure your product is built correctly every time.
All units are built to your specifications and electrically tested using state-of-the-art test equipment. When required, special test boards are manufactured on site with mating connectors and headers so that any connector used on the custom assembly can be tested. A 100% electrical test is performed on each assembly whenever possible.
- Flat ribbon cable connector assemblies
- IDC terminal connections using .100 and .156 centerline connectors for discrete wires or notched cable
- High-density D and ribbon D style connectors
- Modifications to cables such as zipping, stripping, soldering, folding/bending and labeling
- Discrete and multi-conductor assemblies, which include some or all of these operations:
- Crimp and poke
- IDC termination
- Applying heat shrink, phone plugs, twisting/pairing and tie wraps
- Coax assemblies for single and double conductor flexible cable
- First Article cable assemblies based on your specifications
- Electronically stored assembly process documentation for future builds