LED Lighting Solutions from Infineon
With its high potential for energy savings and extended lifetime, LED lighting is now the top choice for the majority of lighting applications. Infineon offers a full range of AC/DC, DC/DC, linear LED control solutions, and microcontroller-based LED solutions addressing various lighting applications from a simple strip light to high power LED headlights.
With a focus on supplying tailored LED driver ICs, MOSFETs, and sensors for commercial lighting and automotive lighting applications, finding a solution for your application within our portfolio of high-quality, energy-efficient products is easy.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future.
The Only 0-10V Dimming IC on the Market Today: CDM10V
Infineon’s CDM10V is the industry’s first single-chip lighting interface IC dedicated for lighting applications capable of transforming an analog 0–10 V input into a PWM or dimming input signal required by a lighting controller IC. The signal is delivered in the form of a 5 mA optocoupler-ready 0 to 100 percent PWM output. One-time configuration of key parameters such as minimum duty cycle (1 to 10 percent), PWM output frequency (200 Hz to 2 kHz), dimmer/resistor bias current (50 µA to 500 µA) and “Dim-to-Off” functionality allows the CDM10V to be used across a variety of different commercial and industrial LED lighting applications.
- CDM10VXTSA1 - CDM10v, the Coolest Dimming solution is a fully integrated 0-10 Volt dimming interface IC and comes in a 6 pin SOT package to cover space requirements on small PCBs
Linear DC-DC IC’s: BCR450/401/402/320
The BCR linear LED drivers are perfectly suited for driving LED currents from 10 mA to 250 mA, making them the ideal choice for low- to mid-power LEDs in general lighting applications.
This represents the lowest-cost solution that requires an ultra-low external part count and PCB space. The light output can be adjusted via an external resistor. PWM dimming is supported either by a microcontroller interface or by means of an external digital transistor. Thanks to its negative thermal coefficient, the LED load will be protected from overheating.
- BCR320UE6327HTSA1 - LED Driver 6-Pin SC-74 T/R
- BCR401UE6327HTSA1 - LED Driver 6-Pin SC-74
- BCR402WH6327XTSA1 - LED Driver 4-Pin(3+Tab) SOT-343
- BCR450E6327HTSA1 - LED Driver 9, 12, 15, 18, and 24 Volt 6-Pin SC-74
- Infineon BCR320U Datasheet
- Infineon BCR401U Datasheet
- Infineon BCR402W Datasheet
- Infineon BCR450 Datasheet
Switched Mode DC-DC IC's: ILD4001/6150
Infineon has a broad portfolio of DC/DC LED drivers that support currents from 150 mA to 3 A, making them the ideal choice for high- and ultra-high-power LEDs In general lighting applications.
The buck topology is supported by the ILD4000 and ILD6000 families. Buck/boost, boost and SEPIC configuration are supported by the ILD1150 family. The ILD4000 is the low-cost DC/DC LED driver IC family with a breakdown voltage of 40 V and basic thermal protection. The ILD6000 is the feature-rich DC/DC LED driver IC family with a breakdown voltage of 60 V and advanced thermal protection.
- ILD4001E6327HTSA1 - LED Driver 5, 9, 12, 15, 18 or 24 Volt 6-Pin SC-74
- ILD6150XUMA1 - LED Driver Buck 1-Channel Analog/PWM 60 Volt 1.5 Amp 8-Pin DSO T/R
- Infineon ILD4001 Datasheet
- Infineon ILD6150 Datasheet
- Infineon Multimode Flyback Controller for LED IRS2982S Product Brief
Multimode LED Flyback Controller: IRS2982S
Infineon’s latest Multimode Flyback Controller IC, IRS2982S, for LED lighting is targeting mid-range to high-end LED drivers for outdoor, interior, office and industrial lighting applications. Its integrated startup cell together with CrCM, DCM and burst mode optimize overall efficiency from standby to 100 percent while keeping time to light less than 0.5 seconds and reducing the use of external components.
The IRS2982S is ideal for single stage converters with an unsmoothed DC bus to obtain high power factor and low line current total harmonic distortion (THD). It supports universal input and operates both at AC and DC inputs.
- IRS2982STRPBF - LED Driver Buck/Boost/Flyback 1-Channel None 0.4Amp 8-Pin SOIC T/R
Lighting-Based Processors: XMC1200/1300
The term “smart lighting” refers to the expansion of traditional LED illumination technology to include new functionalities, such as wired or wireless connectivity, programmability, sensors, enhanced light quality and sophisticated color mixing.
Thanks to special features dedicated to LED lighting, XMC™ microcontrollers help bring this new dimension into traditional LED lighting systems. With their Brightness and Color Control Unit (BCCU), XMC1200/1300/1400 series products offer an industry-unique module for automatically controlling the dimming level and color of multi-channel LED lamps. Users can quickly configure their ideal solution without the need for expert knowledge in lighting.
- XMC1200T038F0200ABXUMA1 - MCU 32-Bit XMC1000 ARM Cortex M0 RISC 200KB Flash 3.3V/5 Volt 38-Pin TSSOP T/R
- XMC1202T028X0032ABXUMA1 - MCU 32-Bit XMC1000 ARM Cortex M0 RISC 32KB Flash 3.3V/5 Volt 28-Pin TSSOP T/R
- XMC1302T016X0032ABXUMA1 - MCU 32-Bit XMC1000 ARM Cortex M0 RISC 32KB Flash 3.3V/5 Volt 16-Pin TSSOP T/R
- XMC1302T038X0016AAXUMA1 - MCU 32-Bit XMC1300 ARM Cortex M0 RISC 16KB Flash 3.3V/5Volt 38-Pin TSSOP T/R
AC-DC Switched Mode Power Management Solution: ICL8105/5101
The ICL8105 is a high-performance configurable single-stage flyback controller with Power Factor Correction (PFC) for constant current output LED drivers. The digital core of the ICL8105, along with its advanced control algorithms, provide multi-operation modes, such as quasiresonant mode, discontinuous conduction mode or active burst mode. Thanks to this functionality and a smooth transition between the operation modes, the controller delivers high efficiency, high power factor and low harmonic distortion through the entire load range.
The ICL5101 integrates a half-bridge controller with a PFC stage in a single package. The high level of integration assures a low number of external components, enabling small form factor designs ideal for compact power supplies in lighting applications, such as LED drivers. All operation parameters of the IC are adjustable via simple resistors, being the ideal choice for an affordable and reliable configuration.
- ICL8105XUMA2 - Digital Flyback Controller IC for LED driver
- ICL5101XUMA1 - LED Driver Resonant 16-Pin PGDSO T/R