Integrated Device Technology, Inc. develops system-level solutions that optimize its customers’ applications. IDT’s market-leading products in RF, timing, wireless power transfer, serial switching, interfaces and sensing solutions are among the company’s broad array of complete mixed-signal solutions for the communications, computing, consumer, automotive and industrial segments. These products are used for development in areas such as 4G infrastructure, network communications, cloud datacenters and power management for computing and mobile devices.
Secure Low-Power Wireless IPv6 Module
The ZWIR4512 enables secure low-power wireless IPv6 communication for sensors and small devices. IDT provides a user-programmable, royalty-free 6LoWPAN stack with mesh routing capability with the ZWIR4512. 6LoWPAN is an Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) standard to build wireless, low-power IP-based sensor and device networks. These networks can easily be integrated into existing information technology infrastructure or can operate autonomously. Secure communication is provided by standard-compliant implementations of the Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) protocol suite and the Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2), which enable highly secure end-to-end communication, including over unsecure network nodes. The module is powered by an ARM® Cortex™ M3 (trademark of ARM, Ltd.) microcontroller and provides a rich set of GPIO and peripheral interfaces. Up to 192kB of flash memory and 32kB of RAM are available for the user application. Different low-power modes are provided to save energy in battery-operated devices. The modules provide superior radio properties without the need for complicated external RF design.
- Several 5V tolerant I/Os available
- Low current consumption: 3.7μA Standby Mode, 13.5mA Receive Mode, 18.5mA Transmit Mode at 0 dBm
- Two modulation schemes: BPSK (20kBps EU, 40kBps US) and O-QPSK(100kBps EU, 250kBps US)
- Receiver sensitivity: up to -110dBm
- TX output power: up to 10dBm
- ETSI/FCC compliant
- Serial command interface with built-in security and over-the-air update functionality
- Royalty-free library bundle of custom firmware
- 6LoWPAN communication library with mesh routing capability
- IPSec & IKEv2 security libraries
- Over-the-air update library
- Several peripheral libraries
Sensor Signal Conditioners
IDT sensor signal conditioner ICs (SSC ICs) facilitate both design and production of sensor interfaces by providing programmable, highly accurate, wide gain and quantization functions combined with powerful, high-order digital correction and linearization algorithms. IDT sensor signal conditioner ICs are all-in-one, energy-efficient products that are easy to use and are supported by advanced software and expert technical support staff with extensive sensor system design experience.