Big things come in small packages - consumer wearables and handheld devices
The engineering of wearable devices presents challenges in miniaturization and multi-functionality, rugged design, and sensor integration. TE Connectivity’s electromechanical and electronic components ease the transition to higher data rates, increased protection and smaller packaging for end to end connectivity for wearables.
As a pioneer of customized embedded antenna solutions, TE Connectivity (TE) has a number of standard antenna solutions for both single band 5GHz and dual band wireless connectivity including stamped metal antennas and u.fl connected PCB antennas, in addition to embedded antenna technology covering virtually all cell bands in one compact design. As a leader of innovative RF solutions, TE’s antennas can be applied to a wide range of wireless products including the world's thinnest laptops, leading touch screen smartphones, and even revolutionary gaming consoles. Our existing offering of standard antennas opens the door for the creation of wireless devices using pre-engineered antenna solutions from TE.
- Support data transfer rates of standard USB 2.0 or 10 times faster with USB 3.0
- Optimize power efficiencies with improved device interaction and charging time
- Enable design flexibility with standard and customized styles and orientation
- Mobile phones
- Tablet PCs
- Portable music players
- Digital cameras and camcorders
- GPS units
- Home electronics devices
- Security control panels
TE's Polymer ESD (PESD) line of devices helps protect I/O ports on HDMI 1.3, portable media players, LCD and plasma TVs, USB 2.0, digital visual interface (DVI) and antenna switches. PESD devices shunt electrostatic discharge away from sensitive circuitry helping to improve the applications reliability
- Improve reliability with design that shunts electrostatic discharge away from circuitry Protect I/O ports where PCB space is limited
- Mobile phones
- Handheld and portable devices
- Home entertainment
TE Connectivity (TE) is an industry leader in the breadth and quality of its pressure sensors, which include pressure transmitter components and pressure transducers. Using multiple technologies, we offer a range of pressure sensors that can measure from merely inches of water up to pressure transducers that can measure greater than 30,000 PSI. TE pressure sensors are used for a range of diverse applications in industries such as consumer devices, medical, aerospace, transportation, general industry, and test and measurement. Pressure sensors can also be delivered as a MEMS silicon pressure die for very small embedded applications. Customization of our pressure sensors is offered for high-volume applications.
- Provide high performance in harsh environments with extensive product portfolio
- Enable design flexibility with an operating temperature range of -40°C to 125°C
- Reduce project expense with low cost, disposable designs
- GPS navigation
- Weather stations
- Hobby drones
- Wearable devices
- Mobile phones
- Sports watches
- Fitness Bands
Humidity sensors from TE Connectivity (TE) are designed to improve performance, reduce energy consumption, and increase safety. In any environment where temperature affects performance, compensating for humidity should also be considered. Typical applications for analog humidity sensors and digital humidity sensors include automotive, appliances, HVAC, and medical.
- Improve performance, reduce energy consumption and increase safety with humidity sensors.
- Utilize in designs where temperature affects performance, and compensating for humidity should also be considered.
- Mobile devices
- Weather Stations
- White Goods
- Copiers and printers
- Hermetic enclosures
Spring fingers (also known as shield fingers, grounding springs or universal ground contacts) are single contact, surface mountable, internal connectors used in almost every small printed circuit board application. They provide an electrical connection and grounding from EMI noise and static between a PCB and other electronic components such as a secondary PCB, shield cans, antenna, or speaker. TE Connectivity (TE) has a complete line of spring fingers including side protected, pre-loaded options to help support operator placement.
- Gain design versatility with small footprint
- Eliminate the cost of specialized equipment with a design utilizing standard equipment for soldering and pick-and-place
- Allow for quick design changes with a common footprint
- Home Electronic Devices
- Digital Cameras & Camcorders
- Business & Office Equipment
- POS Scanners
- Industrial Machinery Equipment
- Industrial Scanners
- Handheld Devices
- Control Systems
- Spring Fingers Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Quick Reference Guide: Connectors and Antennas for Mobile Devices (PDF)