Samtec 28Gbps interconnect portfolio
The Avnet and Samtec partnership delivers tomorrow’s complex electronic design solutions. We bring people and technology together through on-site, local and regional training events and leading-edge online development tools. We dedicate ourselves to making the product selection, evaluation and design process easier for our customers, answering a new generation of technical and business needs.
Increasing data rates, denser systems and shrinking product footprints challenge designers to meet their system high-speed interconnect needs. Samtec provides engineers the service, products, tools and resources to optimize the entire system signal chain from the backplane to the front panel.
ExaMAX® high-speed backplane connector system
ExaMAX® high speed backplane interconnects deliver 28 Gbps electrical performance while offering a migration path to 56 Gbps.
- Enables 28 Gbps electrical performance on 2.00 mm column pitch
- Exceeds OIF CEI-28G-LR specification for 28 Gbps standards
- Individual signal wafers in a staggered, differential pair design:
- 72-pair design: 6-pair x 12 column
- 40-pair design: 4-pair x 10 column
- Wafer incorporates a one-piece embossed ground structure:
- Increased isolation significantly reduces crosstalk
- Ground placement engineered for:
- 92Ω option addresses both 85Ω and 100Ω applications
- Balanced differential pairs are arranged in columns with zero skew
- Press-fit tails provide a reliable electrical connection between the connector and the board
- Blind mate capable with built-in macro and micro guidance modules that allow for self-capture, self-alignment and mating without damage.
- High power modules deliver bulk current to mating power components at 80 A per module.
SEARAY™ high-density open pin field arrays
Samtec’s SEARAY™ mezzanine connectors are the industry’s largest offering of high speed, high density open pin field arrays. They support 28+ Gbps applications and maximum grounding and routing capabilities.
- .050" (1.27 mm) pitch grid for maximum routing flexibility
- Up to 500 single-ended I/Os or 125 differential pairs
- Up to 36 Gbps performance
- Rugged Edge Rate® contact system less prone to damage when “zippered” during unmating
- 7 to 40 mm stack heights
- Parallel, perpendicular, and coplanar applications
- Solder on each tail for ease of processing
- High-speed cable assemblies for 50Ω or 100Ω solutions
- Press-fit tails available
- VITA 42, VITA 57, VITA 57.4
- ASP-134486-01: FMC Female Connector, lead free, (HPC), 400 I/O
- ASP-134488-01: FMC Connector, lead free, (HPC), 400 I/O, male 10 mm mated stack
- ASP-134602-01: FMC Connector, lead free, (HPC), 400 I/O, male 8.5mm mated stack
- ASP-134603-01: FMC ASP-134603-01 FMC Female Connector, lead free, (LPC), 160 I/O
- ASP-134604-01: FMC Connector, lead free, (LPC), 160 I/O, male 10 mm mated stack
- ASP-134606-01: FMC Connector, lead free, (LPC), 160 I/O, male 8.5mm mated stack
Z-Ray® ultra low profile interposers
Z-Ray® micro array interposers are ultra-low profile, high density, highly customizable solutions for board-to-board, IC-to-board, and cable-to-board applications.
- Low profile body height (down to 0.50mm) in a one piece design
- High performance up to 28+ Gbps
- Choice of 0.80 mm or 1.00 mm pitch grid
- Customer-specific pin counts for ultimate high density and speed flexibility
- Customer-specific stack heights, insulator shapes, and plating thicknesses
- Variety of standard and custom configurations
- Dual compression or single compression and solder ball
- An array of sizes and shapes
- Square, rectangle
- Customer-specific shapes
- Alignment and screw hole options
FireFly™ Micro Flyover System™
FireFly™ systems enableschip-to-chip, board-to-board, on-board and system-to-system connectivity at data rates up to 28 Gbps. FireFly™ provides designers the flexibility to use copper or optical interconnects interchangeably with the same connector system.
FireFly™ ECUE Series Features:
- Performance up to 28 Gbps
- A large variety of connector termination options
- 50Ω 38 AWG micro ribbon coax cable
- Capability to enable test and verification of connectors during manufacturing
FireFly™ ECUO Series Features:
- x4 Full-Duplex or x12 Half-Duplex transceiver systems
- 14 Gbps and 28 Gbps (in development) options
- Proven 850 nm VCSEL array technology
- Available in panel mount or full Tx-to-Rx active optical cable
- Protocol agnostic and supports all data center and HPC protocols