Speed innovation for new devices and maintain interoperability with legacy systems
Intelligent gateways perform a vital role in the Internet of Things (IoT) by collecting sensor data at the network edge, then acting as a filter to analyze and normalize the data for sharing through the network and into the cloud.
- Delivers an integrated, pre-validated, and fexible open-compute gateway platform, including foundational hardware, software, and security building blocks to allow fast solution development and deployment.
- Enables building scalable solutions with standards-based interfaces to securely connect and aggregate data from the edge to the cloud.
- Enables business innovation on proven technologies across compute, commu-nications, manageability, and security.
NEW Intel® Gateway Solutions for the IoT development kits DK50 & DK100
The Intel Gateway Solutions for IoT offers companies a key building block to enable the connectivity of legacy industrial devices and next generation intelligent infrastructure to the IoT.
The Intel Gateway Solutions for IoT enables:
- Connectivity up to the cloud and enterprises.
- Connectivity down to sensors and existing controllers embedded in the system.
- Pre-process fltering of selected data for delivery.
- Local decision making, enabling easy connectivity to legacy systems.
- A hardware root of trust, data encryption, attestation, and software lockdown for security.
- Local computing for in-device analytics.
Intel Gateway Solutions for IoT enables customers to securely aggregate, share, and filter data for analysis.
- Operators, such as building maintenance personnel, can track real-time operations of various systems and optimize them for particular times of day, types of work, etc.
- Managers, such as property owners and business managers, can correlate data across entire holdings and analyze and optimize the cost of systems operations.
- Manufacturers and service agencies can analyze real-time and trended data from systems to optimize them for power efficiency, performance, operational life, and more.
- Governments and researchers can perform larger analyses on data from seemingly disparate but related systems to correlate impacts and effects of these systems on each other.
- The technology is ideal for a vast array of applications, including building environment, manufacturing floor, governmental infrastructure services, and more. Companies including ADI, Advantech, Dell, Eurotech, and Portwell are basing upcoming products on Intel Gateway Solutions for the IoT, each offering a solution customized for a particular market.
Intel® Gateway Solutions for the Internet of Things - DK50 Series Development Kit
Intel® Gateway Solutions for the Internet of Things offers a proven solution pre-validated on industry-leading software that delivers an application-ready platform. The DK50 platform enables companies to seamlessly interconnect industrial infrastructure devices and secure data flow between devices and the cloud.
The solution includes:
- Choice of Intel® processors: Intel® Quark™ SoC X1000, Intel® Quark™ SoC X1020D, and Intel® Atom™ processor E3826
- Wind River Intelligent Device Platform XT 2.1* development environment
- McAfee Embedded Control* security technologies.
Development Kit Contents
The Development Kit contains the following:
- Intel® Galileo Development Board
- Power adapter, power cord, and power plugs
- Documentation packet
- Micro-SD flash memory card (installed), includes Wind River Linux OS with Wind River Intelligent Device Platform (IDP) software
- USB to flash memory card adapter
- USB flash memory drive, includes a backup image for the Target System OS and Development Kit documentation.
The Intel Gateway Solutions for IoT is built on open architecture to ensure interoperability between systems, enable wide application development, and allow easy services deployment. Integrated and validated components allow maximum flexibility and fast application development and deployment to the field.
The technology is ideal for a vast array of applications, including building environment, manufacturing floor, governmental infrastructure services, and more.
Companies including ADI, Advantech, Dell, Eurotech, and Portwell are basing upcoming products on Intel Gateway Solutions for the IoT, each offering a solution customized for a particular market.
DK 100 series
Intel® Gateway Solutions for the Internet of Things - DK100 Series Development Kit
The Intel Gateway Solutions for IoT are built on open architecture to ensure interoperability between systems, enable wide application development, and allow easy services deployment. Integrated and validated components allow maximum flexibility and fast application development and deployment to the field.
DK100 Series Features:
- Target Markets: Industrial, Energy
- Soc: Intel® Quark™ SoC X1020D
- Software: Wind River Linux* (Host), Wind River* Intelligent Device Platform XT, Wind River Workbench, McAfee Embedded Control*
- Security: Open SSL* Library, SRM Signing Tool, Certificate Management, SecureBoot, Application Integrity Monitor, Application Resource Control, Secure Package Management, Encrypted Storage, McAfee Embedded Control*
- Manageability and Provisioning: OMA DM, TR-069, Web-based configuration interfaces
- Communications and Connectivity: Bluetooth,* Serial, USB, VPN, Wi-Fi* Access Point, MQTT, ZigBee*1
- Runtime Environments: Lua,* Java,* and OSGi*
- I/O: 2x Ethernet* 10/100, USB 2.0 host & device, RS-232, RS-485, ZigBee*1, Wi-Fi*/ Bluetooth* mini PCIe Module, 3G (data), SPI (internal), 12-bit 8 channel ADC
- Memory and Storage: 512KB SRAM; 1 GB ECC DDR3, onboard microSD card1. Enabled by 3rd Party hardware.