Digi ConnectCore® 6: The scalable, high-performance System-On-Module
Digi ConnectCore® 6
The ConnectCore® 6 is an ultra-compact and highly integrated system-on-module solution based on the NXP i.MX6 Cortex-A9 processor family.
With processor speeds up to 1.2 GHz and fully pin compatible single-/dual-/quad-core variants, the ConnectCore® 6 offers a truly future-proof platform solution with scalable performance and pre-certified wireless 802.11a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0, including Bluetooth Low Energy, connectivity.
Its low-profile, surface-mount design maximizes integration flexibility and significantly reduces design risk in a highly cost- effective, reliable form factor with optimized heat dissipation capabilities even in the most demanding quad-core system configurations.
Integrated cloud integration as part of the Digi Linux and Android software platform support offers secure remote management and web services capabilities through the scalable Digi Device Cloud.
ConnectCore® 6 Value for Device Manufacturers:
- Highly integrated, ultra-compact form factor
- Complete system-design flexibility
- Scalable future-proof wireless system building block
- Dramatically reduced design risk and effort
- Faster time to market
- Designed for reliability and longevity
- Guaranteed long-term availability for embedded designs
- Backed by a company with a 15-year track record of supporting medical-device makers
Digi ConnectCore® 6 workshop
Are you looking for a way to kick start your design, using pre-certified wireless embedded system-on-modules? If so, the Digi ConnectCore® 6 Workshop: The Scalable High-Performance System-On-Module Hands-On Workshop is for you!
This advanced course will be hosted by Avnet and supported by Digi technical staff. This joint team will walk you through design choices for the Digi ConnectCore 6 system-on-module (powered by NXP) and provide you with a deeper understanding of the software design aspect using Linux Yocto.
If you are a design engineer, hardware or software engineer developing solutions in the medical, industrial transportation and industrial automation spaces then you won’t want to miss this event.
Digi ConnectCore 6 Workshop Technical Resources:
- CC6 Module Hardware Reference Manual
- Yocto QT Application Development
- Additional Technical Resources
- NXP i.MX6 (Solo/Dual/Quad) Multichip Module
- Cortex-A9 running at up to 1.2 GHz (2.4 DMPIS/MHz)
- 802.11a/b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0, Gigabit Ethernet
- Kinetis KL2/K20 microcontroller assist option
- Up to 4 displays, 2D/3D GPU, 1080p VPU, dual camera
- CAN, USB, UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, SD/MMC, SATA, PCIe, GPIO
- Low-profile 50 mm x 50 mm x 5 mm footprint (SMT)
- Industrial operating temperature -40 to 85°C
- Infusion Pumps
- ICD Communicators
- Patient Monitoring
- Bedside Terminals
For medical device manufactures developing new, innovative, and often complex products, means it’s paramount to establish stable, predictable, and repeatable processes. Especially at early stages of product development, they need to reduce variability for high repeatability.
In addition, medical device manufactures need to reduce the costs and risks of compliance which may translates into strategic investment into electronic systems for better, faster, more efficient compliance practices and manufacturing processes. With the increase regulatory scrutiny, this has become a critical issue for medical device companies.
These industry-specific needs requires that all sizes of medical device manufactures pay particular attention to their supply chain as it delivers critical advantages in cost control and speed to market. Supply chain stability with well-engineered components (such as the ConnectCore® 6) increase manufacturing velocity and scope, which minimizes supply chain disruptions and improves customer satisfaction at all levels.
Mid-sized manufacturers want to establish agile supply chains as a means of maneuvering with or out-maneuvering larger competitors.
- CC-WMX6-KIT: ConnectCore 6 Development Kit