Microchip’s large portfolio of easy to use wireless solutions
Connecting your design to the web, the cloud and other devices just got a whole lot easier with Microchip’s large portfolio of easy to use wireless solutions. Drop-in modules and plug and play development tools are designed to be easy to use for fast prototypes, and even faster time to market. As an industry leader, Microchip has the wireless solution you need for any ultra-low power Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE), zigBee® 3.0, MiWi™ Mesh, Sigfox or long‐range, low‐power LoRa application.
ATSAMB11-ZR - ultra-low power Bluetooth® System-on-a-Chip
The ATBTLC1000-ZR is an ultra-low power Bluetooth® SMART (BLE 4.1) System on a Chip with Integrated ARM Cortex-M0 MCU, Transceiver, Modem, MAC, PA, TR Switch, and Power Management Unit (PMU). It can be used as a Bluetooth Low Energy link controller or data pump with external host MCU or as a standalone applications processor with embedded BLE connectivity and external memory.
- BLE 4.1 compliant module
- Lowest BLE power consumption in industry
- Optimized system cost - High level of integration on chip reduces external Bill of Material significantly
- Wide operating voltage range: 1.8 – 4.3V
- Parameter host interface: UART
- Certified modules: FCC, IC, ETSI/CE
- RoHS compliant
RN4871 - Low Energy Bluetooth Modules
The RN4871 is a small form factor, Bluetooth 4.2 Low-Energy module measuring just 9 x 11.5 x 2.1 mm. This fully-integrated module is designed for easy implementation into a broad range of applications. Supporting the latest Bluetooth standard, it delivers up to 2.5x throughput improvement and more secure connections vs. Bluetooth 4.1 based products. Developers can easily interface to the device via a standard UART interface, available on most Microcontrollers and Processors.
The RN4871 has a completely integrated Bluetooth software stack, and offers a shielded regulatory certified version with built-in antenna. Developers are freed from the complexities of Bluetooth Software and RF development and can simply utilize the RN4871 as a wireline replacement. Perfect for IoT (Internet of Things) applications, when interfaced to a BLE enabled smartphone or Bluetooth Internet Gateway, applications can be monitored, controlled and updated from anywhere in the world.
- Bluetooth® Smart 4.2 BLE compliant
- ASCII interface commands for communication with the host microcontroller
- Scripting features to allow for operation without a host microcontroller
- Increased privacy features
- White list for determining connections
- MLDP compatibility with RN4020
- Remote configuration capability
- 1.9V~3.6V operating range
- UART/ I2C/ SPI interface supported
- Antenna: Ceramic chip Antenna or external antenna connection
ATWINC1500 - Wi-Fi network controller
Microchip's WINC1500 is an IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi network controller. It is the ideal add-on to existing MCU solutions bringing Wi-Fi and Network capabilities through SPI-to-Wi-Fi interface. The WINC1500 connects to any SAM, PIC24 and PIC32 MCU with minimal resource requirements. The WINC1500's most advanced mode is a single stream 1x1 802.11n mode providing up to 72 Mbps PHY throughput.
The WINC1500 features a fully integrated Power Amplifier, LNA, Switch and Power Management. The WINC1500 provides internal Flash memory as well as multiple peripheral interfaces including UART and SPI. The only external clock source needed for the WINC1500 is a high-speed crystal or oscillator (26 MHz). The WINC1500 is available in a QFN package or as a certified module.
The ATWINC1500 has 4 Mb of flash memory which can be used for system software. The ATWINC1510 has 8 Mb flash memory for even greater flexibility.
- Single-band 2.4GHz b/g/n
- Extreme low power
- Compact footprint: 5 x 5 mm QFN
- Operating voltage: 3.0V to 4.2V
- Serial host interface: SPI
- Security protocols supported: WPA/WPA2 Personal, TLS, SSL
- Network services: DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP (IPv4), UDP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Antenna Options:
- Available in a fully-certified module package:
- ATWINC1500-MR210PB1952 (4Mb flash)
- ATWINC1510-MR210PB1952 (8Mb flash)
- Atmel Software Framework (ASF) Free Software download available
ATSAMR21E16A - Single chip ultra-low power MCU with a 2.4GHz RF transceiver
An IEEE 802.15.4 compliant single chip combines an ARM® Cortex®-M0+ based 32-bit microcontroller and best-in-class 2.4GHz RF transceiver. It offers an excellent RF performance, with a link budget of 103dBm while consuming 50% less active current than existing offerings. The device features IEEE 802.15.4 MAC hardware accelerators and automatic transmission modes, wake-on-radio, offers twelve-channel direct memory access (DMA) controller, up to four configurable SERCOM modules for I2C, SPI and USART and a 128-bit AES crypto engine. The device features further blocks like a Peripheral Touch Controller (PTC), Full-Speed USB Device and embedded Host and hardware components to support RF distance measurements. To complement that set the SAM R21 also supports external power amplifiers and antenna diversity.
ATSAMR30E18A - Single chip ultra-low power MCU with an 802.15.4 radio
Each ATSAMR30 device is an ultra low-power microcontroller equipped with an IEEE® 802.15.4 compliant radio for the sub-1GHz frequency bands 780 MHz (China), 868 MHz (Europe) and 915 MHz (North America). It uses the 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0+ processor and offers 256KB of Flash and 40KB of SRAM (8KB battery backed) in as small as a 5mm QFN32 package. Advanced power management technologies, such as power domain gating, SleepWalking, and ultra low-power peripherals allow for very low power performance and long battery life sensor applications. The ATSAMR30 typically draws less than 500nA at 1.8v battery supply with wake on GPIO, Serial Communication or Real Time Counter.
The highly configurable peripherals includes up to 5 I2C/SPI /UART interfaces with one in the low power domain, 8 12-bit ADC channels, 48 capacitive touch channels with proximity sensing. The sub-GHz Radio supports BPSK and O-QPSK modulation and delivers up to 11dBm TX power with an RX sensitivity of -110dBm.
- Cortex M0+ MCU + Sub-GHz Transceiver in a single package
- 256 KB flash / 32KB RAM
- 8 KB Low Power Mode retained RAM
- USB Host and Device
- Ultra-low power consumption
- 700 nA typical with RTC
- Hardware AES Crypto accelerators
- True Random Number Generator
- High performance ADC and analog peripherals for sensor nodes
- IEEE 802.15.4-2003/2006/2011 compliant
- 769-935 MHz band support
- I/O and Package
- 16/28 programmable I/O pins
- 5 x 5 mm 32-pin QFN
- 7 x 7 mm 48-pin QFN available (ATSAMR30G18A)
- Operating Voltage
- 1.8V – 3.6V
- Temperature Range
- -40°C to 85°C Industrial
RN2903 - Low-power long range LoRa® technology transceiver module
The RN2903 is a fully-certified 915 MHz module based on wireless LoRa® technology. The RN2903 utilizes a unique spread spectrum modulation within the Sub-GHz band to enable long range, low power, and high network capacity.
The module's embedded LoRaWAN™ Class A protocol enables seamless connectivity to any LoRaWAN compliant network infrastructure, whether public or privately deployed. The module is specifically designed for ease of use, which shortens development time and speeds time to market. LoRa technology is ideal for battery-operated sensors and low power applications such as IoT, M2M, Smart City, Sensor networks, Industrial automation, and more.
- On-board LoRaWAN™ Class A protocol stack
- ASCII command interface over UART
- Compact form factor 17.8 x 26.7 x 3 mm
- Castellated SMT pads for easy and reliable PCB mounting
- Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) over UART
- 14 GPIO for control, status, and ADC
- Highly integrated module with MCU, crystal, EUI-64 Node Identity Serial EEPROM, Radio transceiver with analog front end, and matching circuitry
- Environmentally friendly, RoHS compliant
- FCC and IC Certified