Ultra96 Advanced Courses with Hackster.io
02 Jul 2019 - 13 Nov 2019
The advanced courses allow you to dive deeper into application-specific areas including SDSoC, Artificial Intelligence, and Python/PYNQ. Each advanced course takes approximately 12-14 hours to complete and can be purchased individually.
A Practical Guide to Getting Started with Xilinx SDSoC 2018.3
Using proven flows for SDSoC, you will learn to navigate the SDSoC tool. On the first day, through hands-on labs, we will create a design for a provided platform and then create a platform for the Avnet Ultra96. You will see how to accelerate an algorithm during the course lab. On the second day, a similar workflow is taken. This time focusing on PetaLinux integration, while leveraging the knowledge we built from day one. The overall experience should give you the background needed to assist in developing custom platforms with custom algorithms, accelerated by SDSoC.
- Introduction to the design concepts and problem-solving techniques of SDSoC
- Build a bare metal platform from scratch
- Enable and test a PetaLinux BSP running on the Ultra96 Board
- Test the platform using a simple matrix multiplier example
- A working knowledge of Xilinx Vivado, SDK, and PetaLinux design tools OR attendance at our other three fundamentals courses
- Experience with the Vivado 2018.3 tools is recommended but not required.
Instructor: Dan Rozwood
Introduction to Deep Learning with Xilinx SoCs
Deep learning achieves human-like accuracy for many tasks considered algorithmically unsolvable with traditional machine learning. It is frequently used to develop applications such as face recognition, automated driving, and image classification.
Introduction to Deep Learning with Xilinx SoCs is a technical training course that provides a hands-on introduction to deep learning. The Xilinx Edge AI Inference solution is used to deploy the DNN for inference on the Xilinx MPSoC (Ultra96).
- Overview of Xilinx's AI Inference solutions, from cloud to edge
- Deep dive into the development flow for Xilinx edge AI platforms
- Quantize, compile, and deploy DNNs to the Ultra96
- Deep Learning Onramp (MathWorks)
- PetaLinux Tools for Ultra96 Development or applicable experience
Instructor: Mario Bergeron
Turbocharge Python with Ultra96 PYNQ
Take Python to the next level with PYNQ and the Avnet Ultra96 hardware platform. PYNQ is an open source Python productivity framework for Xilinx MPSoC that comes integrated with AArch64 Linux based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Ultra96 is a 96Boards certified, palm of your hand computing platform designed around the high-performance Xilinx MPSoC ZU3EG. The ZU3EG has 6 Arm™ CPUs, display port, multiple peripherals and programmable logic.
- Accelerate Python with hardware
- Control hardware with Python
- Develop applications for Ultra96 with a web browser based IDE: Jupyter Labs
- Re-use open source based projects with Ultra96
- Write custom drivers completely in Python to interface with Xilinx programmable logic
- Create living-code documents with Jupyter Notebooks
- Working examples will include: Machine learning image classification, hardware accelerated OpenCV and more...
- Some knowledge of Python 3 is necessary
- General Linux experience, Xilinx hardware design skills and understanding of C programming is recommended but not required.
Instructor: Fred Kellerman
BD71847AMWV - How to Power the NXP i.MX 8M Mini Processor Family Efficiently
We will introduce you to the BD71847, provide a general product overview and addressable applications, and take a look at the buck performance as well as timing results necessary to power-up and down the NXP processor safely.
Webinars about the RX65N and RX651
Do you want to get started with the RX65N Cloud Kit or the RX651? Then watch the free, on-demand webinars provided by Renesas.
How to start with Azure Sphere
Learn how a simple MCU solution can submit data highly secured to the cloud without you having to worry about the security.