STM32MP1 microprocessor hands-on workshop for developers
03 Jul 2019 - 24 Oct 2019
Join our experts for a free 1-day STM32MP15x hands-on workshop
After a brief overview of the high-performance STM32MP1 microprocessor, together we will develop simple example embedded software solutions taking advantage of the customizable boot chain and kernel pin multiplexing. Developers will have hands-on training working with the Cortex-M4 and Cortex®-A7 (Linux) cores and get an overview of the PCB design principles.
Who should attend this hands-on workshop?
This workshop is designed for engineers already familiar with embedded Linux development.
You will learn:
- How to get started developing with the STM32MP157 Discovery kit (STM32MP157C-DK2)
- How to configure and assign peripherals within the STM32MP15x microprocessor
- About the different software packages available for the STM32MP15x MPU
- Best practices for PCB designs based on the STM32MP15x MPU
|08:30 - 09:00||Registration and system check for pre-installed tools|
|09:00 - 09:20||Getting started with the STM32MP157 Discovery Kit (Hands-on)|
|09:20 - 10:20||Overview of STM32MP1 microprocessors and related development ecosystem|
|10:20 - 10:35||Break|
|10:35 - 11:35||STM32MP1 embedded software|
|11:35 - 12:15||Simple application development (Hands-on)|
|12:15 - 13:15||Lunch|
|13:15 - 13:35||Boot chain and security overview|
|13:35 - 14:20||Boot chain customization (Hands-on)|
|14:20 - 14:50||Kernel pin multiplexing (Hands-on)|
|14:50 - 15:05||Break|
|15:05 - 15:35||Real-time co-processing with the Cortex-M4 core|
|15:35 - 16:05||Cortex-A7 / Cortex-M4 firmware interaction (Hands-on)|
|16:05 - 16:45||STM32MP1 PCB design tips|
|16:45 - 17:30||Conclusion and wrap-up|
To attend this workshop, you must have either:
- Windows PC with virtualisation enabled in the system BIOS; we will provide a virtual machine with all the necessary tools and software installed prior to the event (preferred option).
- PC with Ubuntu v16 or v18 installed - you must ensure that all the prerequisite software is installed prior to attending the workshop (optional).