Microchip SAMA5 SOM hands-on training
09 Oct 2018 - 15 Nov 2018
Multiple dates / locations
Avnet Silica and Microchip are pleased to invite you to the first European training sessions for the SAMA5D2 System-on-Module.
You will learn the easiest way to design an MPU system through presentations and hands-on exercises. With the proven Cortex A5 architecture packaged with up to 1Gb DDR2 memory, the System–In-Package and System-on-Module approach will drastically simplify the development cycle, reduce the system cost and extend classic firmware developer options from BareMetal to FreeRTOS up to the wide Linux open-source eco-system.
Peripherals like Ethernet, USB, LCD controller, CAN, address the growing need for smarter computing and become critical to the development of the Internet of Things (IoT).
During the hands-on labs, attendees will get the chance to test these essential capabilities together with enablers like QT graphic interface, Eclipse IDE support, seamless connectivity and Linux eco-system. This will help you to reduce the time-to-market for your next product development. Ideal applications include HMI control panels, Point-of-Sales terminals, industrial gateways, home and building automation, industrial computing, and wearables.
During the training you will practice on SAMA5D27-SOM1-EK1 Evaluation Kit. Participants need to bring their own laptop equipped with Windows 64 bit (or VirtualBox capable 64 bits OS), 20GB free hard disk space, Core i3 processor (min) or equivalent, and Wired Ethernet connection.
Please note that, due to the hands-on nature of the training, the seats are limited. The online registration does not guarantee a seat in the workshop. You will receive a separate email from the Avnet Silica sales department that will confirm your seat and enable you to download the setup instructions and the required Virtual Machine. All attendees are required to install everything before the event.
- 09:00 Introduction
Microchip MPU products, SOM, SIP, Roadmap, Linux strategy
- 11:00 Break
- 11:30 Hands-on 1: Experiment SOM-EK running Linux
- Flash SD image, linux commands, IOs interaction, networking
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 Hands-on 2 (continue)
- Analyze, build & modify device tree to support a new device
- LED, PWM, Inputs, SPI interface
- 15:30 Hands-on 5: Application Development using Eclipse
- Cross compilation Eclipse setup
- 16:00 Break
- 16:30 Hands-on 5 (continue)
- Debugging an application on target board with Eclipse
- 17:00 Trainer live QT hands-on
- QT setup, application creation and deployment on target board
- 17:30 End
Dates & locations
- October 09th, 2018 – Padua, Italy
- October 10th, 2018 – Bologna, Italy
- October 11th, 2018 – Milan, Italy
- Ocotber 17th, 2018 – Rome, Italy
- November 13th, 2018 – Madrid, Spain
- November 14th, 2018 – Bilbao, Spain
- November 15th, 2018 – Barcelona, Spain
Business Development Manager
Required to buy a SAMA5D27-SOM1-EK1 Evaluation Kit at 50% of discount reserved to attendees. Details supplied upon registration.
Infineon Motor Kontrol Semineri (Workshop)
Motor kontrol konusunda market lideri firmalardan biri olan Infineon ile birlikte güncel çözümlerinin hands-on çalışma ile desteklendiği bir motor kontrol semineri düzenliyoruz.
MiniZed SpeedWay Design Workshops™
The MiniZed SpeedWay Design Workshops presented by Avnet Silica help engineers jump-start the development of single-core Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC devices using the Avnet MiniZed Zynq SoC development kit.
Cloud in 10 Minutes based on AE-Cloud1 Kit
In this one-day workshop, you will learn how Renesas Synergy accelerates the development of complex embedded apllications with the Synergy Enterprise Cloud Toolbox. (More details in German).