Digital Isolator or Optocoupler? Advantages and Disadvantages of each Isolation Technology
29 Oct 2020 - 29 Oct 2020
Are you wondering how to select the ideal isolation for your design? With the advent of digital isolation, as well as ON Semiconductor’s new patented Digi-Max off-chip ceramic digital isolator, there are more choices than ever when it comes to selecting a technology for your isolation needs. Join us for this session where ON Semiconductor gives an unbiased view of the isolation market. This webinar walks through the underlying technology, the strengths and weaknesses of each isolation method and how to balance the tradeoffs based on various application scenarios.
ON Semiconductor’s new Digi-Max family of galvanically isolated high-speed digital isolators will also be introduced. The Digi-Max family of devices use ON Semiconductor's patented off-chip capacitor isolation technology and support digital communication between systems without conducting ground loops or hazardous voltages. The ceramic substrate construction offers ~25 times the thickness of thin film on-chip capacitors and coreless transformers, resulting in electrical performance benefits traditionally offered by optocouplers but exceeding optocouplers in speed, common mode transient immunity as well as temperature and lifetime performance.
What you can expect in this webinar:
- The review of implementation of various isolation technologies
- Comparison of Optical Photocouplers (OptoCouplers), Digital Isolators with On-Chip & Off-Chip Capacitors Technologies
- Discussion on the benefits and advantages of each technology as well as recommendations on how to select the right solution.
Business Unit Director for Isolation Products
- Electronic Engineering degree from San Jose State University
- Product Marketing for Specialty Memory Products @ Cypress Semiconductor
- Product Marketing for Optoelectronics Products @ QT Optoelectronics
- Product Marketing for Optoelectronics Products @ Fairchild Semiconductor
- Strategic Marketing Manager for Optoelectronics products @ ON Semiconductor
- Business Unit Director for Isolation Products @ ON Semiconductor
Marketing Manager for Isolation Products
- Electronic Engineering degree from “California Polytechnic, Pomona
- MBA from University of Southern California
- HW Designer, Applications Engineer and Product Line Marketing for Embedded Analog Modems @ Conexant
- Product Line Marketing for Logic and Switch products @ ON Semiconductor
- Marketing Manager for Isolation products @ ON Semiconductor
Technical Marketing Engineer
- Engineering degree from "École Nationale Supérieure d’Électronique et de RadioÉlectricité de Bordeaux", France in 1992
- Ph.D. degree in Power Electronics from the University of Bordeaux in 1997.
- Research engineer for dc-dc, ac-dc and dc-ac converters for telecom equipment and solar from 1 W to 150 kW from 1996 to 2014
- Field Application Engineer (FAE) supporting South of France, Spain and Portugal in Fairchild Semiconductor from 2014 to 2016 and until 2018 with ON Semiconductor
- Technical Marketing Engineer for Europe in ON Semiconductor since 2018
Online Training: MCU Voice Solutions and MCU Vision Solutions with NXP
Watch our 2 French webinars on-demand on MCU Vision Solutions and MCU Voice Solutions with NXP. Have a look at the details now.
Webinar - Stratégies d’optimisation de la consommation et de l’autonomie des objets connectés alimentés sur batterie
Avnet Silica vous accompagne et fait rencontrer ses experts à travers des webinars : stratégie d’optimisation de durée de la batterie pour son objet connecté,
AC power control: configurable / flexible / robust hardware based controller solutions
During the technical webinar we’ll be demonstrating how our programmable analog & digital “GreenPAK” family can provide robust , flexible, and programmable hardware based control for common AC control methods like Phase Cut and Cycle Skip.