Simplifying IoT Security - TechDays
22 Nov 2017 - 01 Feb 2018
Pan-European, Multiple Dates
Bridging the gap between low-power embedded and IT security
In the past 15 years, enterprise Information Technology (IT) architects have successfully upgraded their security schemes from an all-wired world based on desktop computers to all-wireless-mobile laptop and smartphone fleets without compromising on security and even improving it. A similar evolution is happening now: beyond laptops and smartphones, industries are looking to connect many devices, machines and objects to application servers through private and public networks.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of questions we will address during this free seminar:
- What kind of security does an IT director expect from a device connecting to his servers?
- What is the technology under the “S” in HTTPS or MQTTS?
- What is an X.509 certificate?
- How to simply protect my brand against low-cost competition?
- How to simply detect misusage of a product so as not to guarantee blindly?
- What is the Trusted Computer Group?
- Can we perform the same level of security on non-IP Local Area Networks like we do on the Internet?
- What is end-to-end security?
- What is a secure element?
- What is a key ceremony?
- Are there solutions to properly secure devices operating on SIGFOX and LoRa Alliance networks?
- What is a Key Management Service?
Dates & Locations
|07 Nov 17||Marseille||La Coque - Place Henri Verneuil - 13002 Marseille||Registration closed.|
|22 Nov 17||Breda||Hotel Princeville Breda - Princehagelaan 5 - 4813 DA Breda||Registration closed.|
|30 Jan 18||Sundyberg||Avnet offices, Löfströms Allé 5, Sundbyberg||Register here|
|01 Feb 18||Odense||Frederik VI's Hotel, Rugårdsvej 590, 5210 Odense NV||Register here|
|08:30 -||Registration and coffee|
|09:00 -||Avnet Silica||Introduction: what is IoT security about?
Use cases and the importance of end-to-end
|09:30 -||Avnet Legal||Intellectual property protection|
|09:50 -||Maxim Integrated||TLS: Transport Layer Security for end-to-end IP security|
|10:10 -||Avnet Silica||Authenticating to a local host: the printer-cartridge explained|
|10:50 -||STMicroelectronics(*)||The general purpose secure element: MCU’s best friend|
|11:10 -||Infineon||The TPM (Trusted Platform Module) secure element for Linux systems|
|11:30 -||NXP||The secure processor|
|11:50 -||Trusted Objects||Security for LoRa and SIGFOX networks|
|12:10 -||Idemia||Certification Authority and Key Management Services for all|
|12:30 -||Avnet Silica||End-to-end security solutions with Visible Things™|
|14:00 -||Demos presentations|
|14:15 -||Open discussions, questions to presenters|
- Avnet Silica: Visible Things BlueTooth 4.1 low-power sensor-toserver end-to-end security
- Infineon: TPM2.0 securing a Raspberry Pi or FPGA platform
- Maxim Integrated: Easily add TLS support to your embedded or IoT device with MAXQ1061
- NXP: The secure processor
- STMicroelectronics (*): Providing secure connectivity to AWS with STSAFE-A secure element Ensuring platform integrity with STM32 and STSAFE-A secure element
- Trusted Objects: TO136-LoRaWAN-based module performing Over-the-Air secure activation
(*) In countries where Avnet Silica is not an official distributor of STMicroelectronics (Poland, Czech Republic), the content of this chapter will be presented by Avnet.
To register please select the registration link for the date & location you prefer in the table above.
Moving from 8 to 32 bits hands on workshop
If you have been wondering how difficult it would be to move your application to 32 bits, this hands-on workshop is for you. Join STMicroelectronics and Avnet Silica in at a location near you!
Meet Up LPWAN
Avnet Silica invites you to Meet Up LPWAN in Paris: an evening with presentations about LPWAN technologies and an opportunity to meet experts from our valued suppliers.
NXP i.MX RT seminar
In this seminar you have the opportunity to discover the new processor family and participate to several presentations followed by a lunch invitation.