Simplifying IoT Security - TechDays
12 Sep 2017 - 01 Feb 2018
Pan-European, Multiple Dates
Bridging the gap between low-power embedded and IT security
In the past 15 years, enterprise Information Technology (IT) architects have successfully upgraded their security schemes from an all-wired world based on desktop computers to all-wireless-mobile laptop and smartphone fleets without compromising on security and even improving it. A similar evolution is happening now: beyond laptops and smartphones, industries are looking to connect many devices, machines and objects to application servers through private and public networks.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of questions we will address during this free seminar:
- What kind of security does an IT director expect from a device connecting to his servers?
- What is the technology under the “S” in HTTPS or MQTTS?
- What is an X.509 certificate?
- How to simply protect my brand against low-cost competition?
- How to simply detect misusage of a product so as not to guarantee blindly?
- What is the Trusted Computer Group?
- Can we perform the same level of security on non-IP Local Area Networks like we do on the Internet?
- What is end-to-end security?
- What is a secure element?
- What is a key ceremony?
- Are there solutions to properly secure devices operating on SIGFOX and LoRa Alliance networks?
- What is a Key Management Service?
Dates & Locations
|12 Sep 17||Newport Pagnell||Harben House Hotel, Tickford Street, Newport Pagnell, MK16 9EY||Registration closed|
|18 Oct 17||Warsaw||Marriott Hotel , Al. Jerozolimskie 65/79 , Warsaw 00-697 Poland||Register here|
|19 Oct 17||Prague||Konferenční centrum GreenPoint , Dvouletky 529/ 42 , Praha 100 00||Registration closed|
|07 Nov 17||Marseille||La Coque - Place Henri Verneuil - 13002 Marseille||Register here|
|22 Nov 17||Breda||Hotel Princeville Breda - Princehagelaan 5 - 4813 DA Breda||Register here|
|30 Jan 18||Sundyberg||Avnet offices, Löfströms Allé 5, Sundbyberg||Register here|
|01 Feb 18||Odense||Frederik VI's Hotel, Rugårdsvej 590, 5210 Odense NV||Register here|
|08:30 -||Registration and coffee|
|09:00 -||Avnet Silica||Introduction: what is IoT security about?
Use cases and the importance of end-to-end
|09:30 -||Avnet Legal||Intellectual property protection|
|09:50 -||Maxim Integrated||TLS: Transport Layer Security for end-to-end IP security|
|10:10 -||Microchip**||Authenticating to a local host or a distant AWS server|
|10:50 -||STMicroelectronics(*)||The general purpose secure element: MCU’s best friend|
|11:10 -||Infineon||The TPM (Trusted Platform Module) secure element for Linux systems|
|11:30 -||NXP||The secure processor|
|11:50 -||Trusted Objects||Security for LoRa and SIGFOX networks|
|12:10 -||Idemia||Certification Authority and Key Management Services for all|
|12:30 -||Avnet Silica||End-to-end security solutions with Visible Things™|
|14:00 -||Demos, open discussions, questions to presenters|
- Avnet Silica: Visible Things BlueTooth 4.1 low-power sensor-toserver end-to-end security
- Infineon: TPM2.0 securing a Raspberry Pi or FPGA platform
- Maxim Integrated: Easily add TLS support to your embedded or IoT device with MAXQ1061
- Microchip(**): Microchip’s fully TLS secure AWS-IoT-Zero-Touch solution
- NXP: The secure processor
- STMicroelectronics: Providing secure connectivity to AWS with STSAFE-A secure element Ensuring platform integrity with STM32 and STSAFE-A secure element
- Trusted Objects: TO136-LoRaWAN-based module performing Over-the-Air secure activation
(*) In countries where Avnet Silica is not an official distributor of STMicroelectronics (Poland, Czech Republic), the content of this chapter will be presented by Avnet.
(**) Microchip will present this part of the seminar in Marseille only.
To register please select the registration link for the date & location you prefer in the table above.