Moving from 8 to 32 bits hands on workshop
24 Jan 2018 - 14 Mar 2018
UK & Ireland, multiple locations
An introduction to STM32 for 8 bit programmers
If you have been wondering how difficult it would be to move your application to 32 bits, this hands-on workshop is for you.
The availability of price-competitive, feature-rich and 'easy' to program 32-bit microcontrollers are just a few of the reasons why you should make the transition to a 32-bit platform.
Who should attend this workshop?
Hardware and software engineers working on 8-bit products and willing to learn about 32-bit programming. Note that this workshop is not designed for experienced STM32 programmers.
Benefits you will take away:
- Set up of STM32 development environment using the STM32CubeMX and MDK-ARM toolchain
- Understanding of the STM32 start-up process
- How to use STM32Cube low-layer and HAL libraries
- Practical experience and examples to replicate it at your premises
- Direct contact with STM32 staff
The workshop is free of charge and based on the STM32F072 Nucleo development kit (NUCLEO-FO72RB). All attendees will receive a complimentary kit that they can take home!
- 08:30 – Registration and system check for pre-installed tools
- 09:00 – Agenda and Marketing Introduction
- 09:30 – Hardware getting started
- 10:00 – STM32 startup step by step
- 10:30 – Coffee break
- 11:00 – Software getting started
- 12:15 – Lunch
- 13:15 – STM32 application processing
- 13:45 – Application development using register access
- 14:45 – STM32CubeMX, HAL and Low layer libraries introduction
- 15:15 – Coffee break
- 15:45 – Application development using STM32CubeMX and Low layer libraries
- 16:45 – Q&A
Dates & locations
- Bristol - Wednesday, January 24, 2018
- Manchester - Tuesday, January 30, 2018
- Warwick - Wednesday, January 31, 2018
- Cambridge - Wednesday, February 21, 2018
- Dublin - Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Matlab Expo 2018 Spain
We invite you to join us at MATLAB EXPO 2018 in Spain, an event highlighting the latest MATLAB and Simulink features, customer presentations, and networking opportunities.
Avnet Silica at embedded world 2018
Avnet Silica invites you to embedded world 2018. Come and meet us or have a look at our demo stations with over 60 demonstrations of boards and tools from industry leading suppliers.
MiniZed SpeedWay Design Workshops™
The MiniZed SpeedWay Design Workshops presented by Avnet Silica help engineers jump-start the development of single-core Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC devices using the Avnet MiniZed Zynq SoC development kit.