Moving from 8 to 32 bits hands on workshop
24 Jan 2018 - 14 Mar 2018
UK & Ireland, multiple locations
An introduction to STM32 for 8 bit programmers
If you have been wondering how difficult it would be to move your application to 32 bits, this hands-on workshop is for you.
The availability of price-competitive, feature-rich and 'easy' to program 32-bit microcontrollers are just a few of the reasons why you should make the transition to a 32-bit platform.
Who should attend this workshop?
Hardware and software engineers working on 8-bit products and willing to learn about 32-bit programming. Note that this workshop is not designed for experienced STM32 programmers.
Benefits you will take away:
- Set up of STM32 development environment using the STM32CubeMX and MDK-ARM toolchain
- Understanding of the STM32 start-up process
- How to use STM32Cube low-layer and HAL libraries
- Practical experience and examples to replicate it at your premises
- Direct contact with STM32 staff
The workshop is free of charge and based on the STM32F072 Nucleo development kit (NUCLEO-FO72RB). All attendees will receive a complimentary kit that they can take home!
- 08:30 – Registration and system check for pre-installed tools
- 09:00 – Agenda and Marketing Introduction
- 09:30 – Hardware getting started
- 10:00 – STM32 startup step by step
- 10:30 – Coffee break
- 11:00 – Software getting started
- 12:15 – Lunch
- 13:15 – STM32 application processing
- 13:45 – Application development using register access
- 14:45 – STM32CubeMX, HAL and Low layer libraries introduction
- 15:15 – Coffee break
- 15:45 – Application development using STM32CubeMX and Low layer libraries
- 16:45 – Q&A
Dates & locations
- Bristol - Wednesday, January 24, 2018
- Manchester - Tuesday, January 30, 2018
- Warwick - Wednesday, January 31, 2018
- Cambridge - Wednesday, February 21, 2018
- Dublin - Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Meet Up LPWAN
Avnet Silica invites you to Meet Up LPWAN in Paris: an evening with presentations about LPWAN technologies and an opportunity to meet experts from our valued suppliers.
NXP i.MX RT seminar
In this seminar you have the opportunity to discover the new processor family and participate to several presentations followed by a lunch invitation.
Avnet Technical Seminar
Join the annual Technical Seminar hosted by Avnet Abacus and Avnet Silica and gain an overview of both active and passive novelties.