Embedded Vision – TechDays
24 Apr 2017 - 24 Apr 2018
From image sensors to deep learning vision systems
Recent improvements on image sensors, processing performance, power consumption, computer algorithms and machine learning, have elevated vision to a much higher level and over the next few years embedded vision will evolve into applications never seen before.
During this TechDay you will learn new technologies for embedded vision starting from image sensors to full embedded vision learning systems. The speakers provide a story that you will not find on the internet and new applications will be explained with 10 state-of-the-art vision solutions showcased in the afternoon session.
The TechDay will give answers on different topics, including:
- What is the future evolution on machine learning and deep learning?
- How to create optimized vision solutions with little efforts in a short time?
- How to build power consumption efficient vision systems?
- What are the pitfalls when building a camera module?
- What is the trade off for implementing vision intelligence on the edge or in the cloud?
- How to optimize vision with poor environmental conditions?
Dates & Locations
|24 April, 2018||Madrid||Hotel Meliá Barajas, Av de Logroño, 305 Madrid||Register online!|
- 08:30 - Registration and coffee
- 09:00 - Shaping the future, embedded vision megatrends – Avnet Silica
- 09:30 - Image sensor quality enhancement techniques – ON Semiconductor
- 10:10 - Camera module design challenges – TD next
- 10:35 - Behind imaging - resolution versus diffraction and 3D depth imaging – Avnet
- 11:00 - Break
- 11:20 - Outstanding graphical capabilities – STMicroelectronics
- 11:45 - Machine vision reshaped – NXP
- 12:10 - Reliable memory & storage for secured embedded vision – Micron
- 12:35 - Remarkable machine learning applications for industry – Xilinx
- 13:15 - Lunch
- 14:15 - Demos (see below), individual discussions, prize contest
- 17:00 - End of demo sessions
Several solutions and tools will be demonstrated in the afternoon session. You will be able to explore full embedded vision reference designs including camera drivers and application examples. The speakers and technical experts will be eager to answer your questions and to discuss your project.
- Machine learning with deep neural network on a reconfigurable System-on-Chip (SoC)
- Real-time 3D sensing with Intel RealSense camera and computer vision SDK
- Configurable and modular imaging platform with audio and H.264 video compression
- Image fusion with different sensor technologies
- Modular reference platform for ADAS applications
- Usage of real-time computer vision libraries including OpenCV on SoCs
- Facial recognition and emotion analysis with cloud based cognitive services
- Visible Things: Vision enabled edge to enterprise Industrial IoT platform
- Secured connected camera system
- 4K (Ultra HD) video reference design
(Technical Marketing Manager EMEA Embedded Vision)
Matlab Expo 2018 Spain
We invite you to join us at MATLAB EXPO 2018 in Spain, an event highlighting the latest MATLAB and Simulink features, customer presentations, and networking opportunities.
MiniZed SpeedWay Design Workshops™
The MiniZed SpeedWay Design Workshops presented by Avnet Silica help engineers jump-start the development of single-core Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC devices using the Avnet MiniZed Zynq SoC development kit.
i.MX RT and MCUXpresso hands-on training
Avnet Silica and NXP invite you to join us for a one day hands-on workshop on the i.MX RT "crossover" processors and the MCUXpresso SDK, in a choice of three locations in Italy.