Register below for a chance to win a free reference design
Renesas is bringing customers an exclusive activity monitor reference design, showcasing key products in a typical integrated sensor application. The monitor is an example of how specific Renesas products can receive signals (such as noise or movement); provide signal integrity; feed information to the MCU; and process data so it can be displayed and read. Using this base design, sensors for other applications could also be implemented via a serial PMOD connection. Some other examples include location (geotracking), lighting (proximity/ambient), pressure (weight), and humidity (water in air).
- Showcases the Renesas Synergy S3-series MCU which supports advanced analog and timing control, ideal for sensor-based applications
- Utilizes low power consumption with a single LIR2032 rechargeable battery
- Is efficiently designed utilizing the Synergy SSP API
- Requires no programming to set the charge/re-charge battery options
- Extends single-cell battery life by reducing or increasing voltage as needed
- Utilizes a zero drift op-amp for the noise detection ability
- Is expandable with the serial PMOD port
- Utilizes a PC application to interface with the device, fix settings and read data
- ISL9120 Buck-Boost Regulator: Extends battery life by maintaining the 3V requirement. Reduces (bucks) battery voltage when voltage is high, and increases (boosts) when the battery power drops below requirements
- ISL9230 Battery Charger: Specifically designed for charging/recharging a single-cell battery. Options are set by resistors and pin-strapping with no programming required.
- Renesas MCU: The Synergy S3A3 minimizes component count and showcases abundant peripherals in the Synergy MCU product line. The S3 family supports advanced analog and timing control that is a great fit for sensor applications.
- ISL28133 Op Amp: Key for noise detection by processing sound from the microphone and boosting the signal to the ADC function of the Synergy MCU
- PMOD – Serial communication interface can be used to connect to external modules (not utilized in this design)
The Synergy Platform allows the RTOS, middleware, communication stacks, user interface, and detailed MCU functions to be accessed entirely through the API. Developers can immediately start developing end-product application code at the API level, thus eliminating the learning curve for software and MCU operation below the API.
Keeping fit with the Pet Activity Monitor
|Pet Activity Monitor overview|