Low Power WAN connectivity for the Visible Things IoT Kit with Renesas Synergy™
The Avnet Silica NB-IoT Sensor Shield is a Cat M1 and NB-IoT board providing Arduino pinout connectors and Pmod connectors. The Arduino compatibility provides ultimate flexibility, leveraging on a huge ecosystem of compatible boards. Via the Pmod connector the board can be connected to our Visible Things IoT platform based on Renesas Synergy™ MCU.
The shield is based on Quectel BG96, a low power module supporting Cat M1, Cat NB1 and EGPRS fallback. GNSS is supported.
With AT commands Avnet Silica's NB-IoT Sensor Shield is easy to program and supports mbed OS for quick development and leveraging on free stacks like SSL, MQTT, COAP etc.
Learn more about the Avnet Silica NB-IoT Sensor Shield:
- Based on Quectel LPWA Module BG96
- Multi Modes: Cat.M1, Cat.NB1, EGPRS
- Global bands
- Cat M1/NB1: B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B8 B12 B13 B18 B19 B20 B26 B28 B39 (B39 for Cat M1 only)
- EGPRS: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Low Power Consumption
- Approx. 10 uA in PSM mode
- Optional GNSS
- GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou/Compass, Galileo, QZSS
- Voice Over LTE support (M1 only)
- PCM digital audio interface
- SIM holder
- Arduino pinout
- AT Commands support
- Built in support for PPP/TCP/UDP/SSL/TLS/FTP(S)/HTTP(S)
- Support for major operating system Android, Linux, Windows
- Support for mbed OS for integrated embedded development
Visible Things IoT Kit with Renesas Synergy
Avnet Silica‘s Visible Things Industrial starter kit provides a comprehensive edge to enterprise eco system based on the Renesas Synergy Platform, delivering a turn-key solution for many different applications.More Information