ISO774x - high-speed, robust-EMC reinforced quad-channel digital isolators
The ISO774x devices are high-performance, quadchannel digital isolators with 5000 VRMS (DW package) and 2500 VRMS (DBQ package) isolation ratings per UL 1577. This family of devices has reinforced insulation ratings according to VDE, CSA, TUV and CQC.
The ISO774x devices provide high electromagnetic immunity and low emissions at low power consumption, while isolating CMOS or LVCMOS digital I/Os. Each isolation channel has a logic input and output buffer separated by silicon dioxide (SiO2 ) insulation barrier. This device comes with enable pins which can be used to put the respective outputs in high impedance for multi-master driving applications and to reduce power consumption. The ISO7740 device has all four channels in the same direction, the ISO7741 device has three forward and one reverse-direction channels, and the ISO7742 device has two forward and two reverse-direction channels. If the input power or signal is lost, default output is high for devices without suffix F and low for devices with suffix F. See the Device Functional Modes section in Datasheet for further details.
Used in conjunction with isolated power supplies, this device helps prevent noise currents on a data bus or other circuits from entering the local ground and interfering with or damaging sensitive circuitry. Through innovative chip design and layout techniques, electromagnetic compatibility of the ISO774x devices have been significantly enhanced to ease system-level ESD, EFT, surge, and emissions compliance. The ISO774x devices are available in 16-pin SOIC and QSOP packages.
- Integrated SiO2 Dielectric Capacitor
- 100 Mbps max data rate
- Typ Prop Delay: 10.7 ns
- Max Ch-Ch Skew: 3.5ns
- MAX Part-Part-Skew: <5ns
- Low Power:
- 1.5mA / channel typical at 1Mbps
- 1mA/channel in default state
- 0.5mA/channel in disable state
- Fast recovery from errors.
- High and Low Default states available.
- Immunity and Certifications
- Reinforced Isolation (DIN V VDE V 0884-10)
- 5000 Vrms Isolation Rating (UL 1577)
- 8000 VPEAK Surge
- 1000 Vrms Working Voltage (DIN V VDE V 0884-10)
- CMTI: 100kV/µs typical (40kV/us min)
- Power and Package
- 2.25V to 5.5V Wide Supply Range
- Operating temperature range -55C to 125C
- SOIC-16W w/ 8 mm creepage / clearance (6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 channels)
- SOIC-16 narrow package (6,5,4 and 3 channels)
- Small QSOP-16 package (6,5, 4 and 3 channels)
- Small SOIC-8 package (2 and 1 channels)
- Reinforced Isolation Rating
- High Immunity and Robustness
- System Level EMC for IEC61000-4-x ESD, EFT events, Radiated and Conducted RF immunity.
- Low EM emissions.
- Precision timing:
- Low propagation delay, low skew and fast recovery from errors
- Beneficial for switching mode synchronous power supplies, and SPI communications
- Pin to Pin compatible with competitor parts