STMicroelectronics LIS2DW12 – ultra low-power high performance 3-axes femto accelerometer
The LIS2DW12 is an ultra-low-power highperformance three-axis linear accelerometer belonging to the “femto” family which leverages on the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used for the production of micromachined accelerometers.
The LIS2DW12 has user-selectable full scales of +-2g/+-4g/+-8g/+-16g and is capable of measuring accelerations with output data rates from 1.6 Hz to 1600 Hz.
The LIS2DW12 has an integrated 32-level first-in, first-out (FIFO) buffer allowing the user to store data in order to limit intervention by the host processor.
The embedded self-test capability allows the user to check the functioning of the sensor in the final application.
The LIS2DW12 has a dedicated internal engine to process motion and acceleration detection including free-fall, wakeup, highly configurable single/double-tap recognition, activity/inactivity, portrait/landscape detection and 6D/4D orientation.
The LIS2DW12 is available in a small thin plastic land grid array package (LGA) and it is guaranteed to operate over an extended temperature range from -40 °C to +85 °C.
- Wide supply voltage: 1.62 to 3.6V
- Independent IO supply
- Ultra low power consumption:
- 50nA in low power mode
- below 1uA in active low-power mode
- Very low noise: down to 1.3 mg RMS in low-power mode
- Multiple operating modes with multiple bandwidths
- 2g/4g/8g/16g full scale
- Single data conversion on demand
- 32 level FIFO
- Embedded temperature sensor
- 10000g shock survivability
- Ultra small: 2.0 x 2.0 x 0.7mm LGA package
- Ultra low power, high-performance and small package combined into a single product.
- Motion detection for wearables
- Gesture recognition and gaming
- Motion-activated functions and user interfaces
- Display orientation
- Tap/double-tap recognition
- 6D/4D orientation
- Free-fall detection