IPS160H & IPS161H - single high-side switches
With a supply voltage range up to 60 V, the IPS160H and IPS161H intelligent power switches (IPS) are specifically designed to match the application requirements of the Safety Integrity Level (SIL) systems.
These monolithic devices are capable of safely driving complex resistive, capacitive and inductive loads, with one side connected to ground (high-side switches) such as valves, relays and lamps in factory automation or process control applications.
The two devices have different current limitation designed to meet different applications requirements:
- 2.5 A for IPS160H to meet the digital output standard of 2 A
- 0.7 A for IPS161H to meet the digital output standard of 0.5 A
Features & benefits
- 8 to 60 V supply voltage range for wide application spectrum
- On-state resistance of 60 mΩ typ at 25 °C for low power dissipation
- Detection of open load or short to Vcc in OFF state for on-chip diagnostics
- Extensive protections on-chip including over current, under voltage, short circuit with cut-off delay time, voltage clamping, thermal shtutdown for maximum reliability
- Designed to meet IEC 61131 standard for programmable controllers
- Enable SIL2 and SIL3 compliant systems