Maxim Integrated MAXQ1061 - DeepCover® cryptographic controller for embedded devices
A turnkey solution for secure storage, digital signature, encryption, secure boot, and TLS/SSL communication protocol
DeepCover® embedded security solutions cloak sensitive data under multiple layers of advanced physical security to provide the most secure key storage possible.
The MAXQ1061 cryptographic controller makes it fast and easy to implement full security for embedded, connected products without requiring firmware development. The MAXQ1061 coprocessor can be designed-in from the start or added to an existing design to guarantee confidentiality, authenticity, and integrity of the device. It is ideal for connected embedded devices, industrial networking, PLC, and network appliances.
The embedded, comprehensive cryptographic toolbox provides key generation and storage up to full SSL/TLS/DTLS support by offering a high level of abstraction including TLS/DTLS key negotiation, ECDSA-based TLS/DTLS authentication, digital signature generation and verification, SSL/TLS/DTLS packet encryption, and MAC algorithms. It can also serve as a secure bootloader for an external generic microcontroller.
32KB of user-programmable EEPROM securely store certificates, public keys, private and secret keys, monotonic counters, and arbitrary data. A flexible file system manages access rights for the objects. The device is controlled over a SPI or I2C interface. Life cycle management and a secure key loading protocol are provided.
Cryptographic algorithms supported by the device include AES, ECC, ECDSA signature scheme, SHA, and MAC digest algorithms. The true random number generator can be used for on-chip key generation. A separate hardware AES engine over SPI allows the MAXQ1061 to function as a coprocessor for stream encryption.
The advanced physical, environmental and logical protections, are designed to meet the stringent requirements of FIPS and Common Criteria EAL4+ certifications.
- Advanced Cryptographic Tool Box Seamlessly Supports Highly Secure Key Storage
- Certificates Chain Management
- Secure 32KB File System Based on Nonvolatile EEPROM (500K Cycles) for Extensive Key and Certificate Storage
- Symmetric-key: AES-128/-256 (ECB, CBC, CCM)
- Asymmetric-key: ECC NIST P-256, -521, -384
- Secure Hash: SHA-256, -384, -512
- MAC Digest: CBC-MAC, HMAC-SHA256, HMAC-SHA384, HMAC-SHA512
- Signature Schemes: ECDSA (FIPS 186-4)
- Key Exchange: EC Diffie-Hellman (TLS)
- 128-Bit AES Stream Encryption Engine Over SPI (Up to 20Mb/s) Supporting AES-GCM and AES-ECB Modes
- On-Chip Key Generation: ECC, AES
- Random Number Generation: True RNG
- No Firmware Development Required Significantly Reduces Time to Market
- High-Level Functions Simplify SSL/TLS/DTLS Implementations
- TLS/DTLS Key Negotiation (PSK, ECDH, ECDHE) ECDSA Based TLS/DTLS Authentication, Digital Signature Generation and Verification
- SSL/TLS/DTLS Packet Encryption (AES)
- MAC Algorithm (HMAC-SHA256)
- Extensive Host/System Services Increase Flexibility and Reduce System Cost
- Watchdog Timer
- Power-On Reset/Brownout Reset
- Secure Boot Function
- Tamper Detection
- Life Cycle Management and Key Loading Protocol
- Flexible File System With User-Programmable Access Conditions for Each Object Software Reset
- Software Reset, Shutdown, and Wake-Up Functions
- Multiple Communication Interface Options for Simpler Connection to a Host Processor
- I²C Slave Controller
- SPI Slave Controller with a Dedicated DMA Channel and 128-Bit AES Stream Encryption Engine Supporting AES-GCM and AES-ECB Modes
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Portable Medical Devices
- Building and Home Automation
- Smart Metering
- Certificate Distribution and Management
- Secure Access Control
- Electronic Signature Generation
- Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructures
Register for MyMaxim
Registering for MyMaxim allows you to get the most up to date information about Maxim Integrated! You can subscribe to their newsletters, market updates, select product interests and peruse their massive video library.
Read Maxim's white paper, "Why Hardware-Based Design Security is Essential for Every Application," to learn how costly security breaches are and more!Download free Whitepaper