Maxim Integrated MAX2002 - 2A/3A automotive synchronous step-down converter with low IQ
36V, 220kHz to 2.2MHz, 2A/3A fully integrated step-down converters with 15µA operating current
The MAX20002/MAX20003 are small, synchronous buck converters with integrated high-side and low-side MOSFETs. Each device is designed to deliver up to 2A/3A with input voltages from 3.5V to 36V, while using only 15µA quiescent current at no load. Voltage quality can be monitored by observing the PGOOD signal. The devices can operate in dropout by running at 98% duty cycle, making them ideal for automotive applications.
The devices offer fixed output voltages of 5V/3.3V, along with the ability to program the output voltage between 1V to 10V. Frequency can be programmed using a resistor to ground on the FOSC pin from 220kHz to 2.2MHz. The devices offer a forced fixed-frequency mode and skip mode with ultra-low quiescent current of 15µA. They have a pin that can be programmed to turn on/off the spread spectrum, further helping systems designers with better EMC management.
The MAX20002/MAX20003 are available in a small 5mm x 5mm 20-pin TQFN package with exposed pad and use very few external components.
- Synchronous DC-DC Converter with Integrated FETs Improves Efficiency and Eases Design
- MAX20002 = 2A
- MAX20003 = 3A
- 15µA Quiescent Current When in Standby Mode
- Small Solution Size Saves Space
- 220kHz to 2.2MHz Adjustable Frequency
- Programmable 1V to 10V Output for the Buck or Fixed 5V/3.3V Options Available
- Fixed 8ms Internal Soft-Start
- Fixed Output Voltage with ±2% Output Accuracy (5V/3.3V) or Externally Resistor Adjustable (1V to 10V) with ±1% FB Accuracy
- PGOOD Output and High-Voltage EN Input Simplify Power Sequencing
- Protection Features and Operating Range Ideal for Automotive Applications
- Operating VIN Range of 3.5V to 36V
- 42V Load-Dump Protection
- 99% Duty-Cycle Operation with Low Dropout
- Spread-Spectrum Control with a Pin Reduces EMI
- -40°C to +125°C Automotive Temperature Range
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
- Fast and Accurate Overvoltage Protection Enables Fast Recovery from Automotive Transients (MAX20002C/MAX20003C)
- Distributed DC Power Systems
- Navigation and Radio Head Units
- Point-of-Load Applications in Automotive
Register for MyMaxim
Registering for MyMaxim allows you to get the most up to date information about Maxim Integrated! You can subscribe to their newsletters, market updates, select product interests and peruse their massive video library.