MAX12930 - two-channel digital isolators
Reduce power consumption and improve transient immunity
The MAX12930/MAX12931 are a family of 2-channel, 3.75kV/5kVRMS digital galvanic isolators using Maxim’s proprietary process technology. These devices transfer digital signals between circuits with different power domains while using as little as 0.65mW per channel at 1Mbps with 1.8V.
The two channels of the MAX12931 transfer data in opposite directions, and this makes the MAX12931 ideal for isolating the TX and RX lines of a transceiver. The MAX12930 features two channels transferring data in the same direction.
Both devices are available with a maximum data rate of either 25Mbps or 150Mbps and with the default outputs that are either high or low. The default is the state the output assumes when the input is not powered, or if the input is open-circuit. See the Ordering Information for suffixes associated with each option. Independent 1.71V to 5.5V supplies on each side of the isolator also make the devices suitable for use as level translators.
The MAX12930/MAX12931 are available in an 8-pin, narrow-body SOIC package. In addition, the MAX12931 is available in a 16-pin, wide-body SOIC package. The package material has a minimum comparative tracking index (CTI) of 600V, which gives it a group 1 rating in creepage tables. All devices are rated for operation at ambient temperatures of -40°C to +125°C.
- Robust Galvanic Isolation of Digital Signals
- Withstands 5kVRMS for 60s (VISO) Wide-Body
- Withstands 3.75kVRMS for 60s (VISO) Narrow-Body
- Continuously Withstands 848VRMS (VIOWM) Wide-Body
- Continuously Withstands 445VRMS (VIOWM) Narrow-Body
- Withstands ±10kV Surge between GNDA and GNDB with 1.2/50μs Waveform
- High CMTI (50kV/µs, typ)
- Options to Support a Broad Range of Applications
- 2 Data Rates (25Mbps/150Mbps)
- 2 Channel Direction Configurations
- 2 Output Default States (High or Low)
- Low Power Consumption
- 1.3mW per Channel at 1Mbps with VDD = 3.3V
- 3.3mW per Channel at 100Mbps with VDD = 1.8V
- Battery Management
- Fieldbus Communications for Industrial Automation
- General Isolation Application
- Isolated RS232, RS-485/RS-422, CAN
- Medical Systems