Infineon for makers - drive motors with ease
At Infineon, the mission is to help you transition your idea to a fully functional solution as quickly and effortlessly as possible. With cost efficient evaluation tools embedded in a comprehensive development environment the company provides easy access to a diverse portfolio of sensors, microcontrollers and power ICs. It’s a full range of application boards, including tiny application kits 2go, shields for Arduino and XMC™ microcontroller boards using the Arduino for factor. Fully functional, ready to plug and play!
New for DC motor control!
To give you an example, look at the new DC Motor Shield for Arduino using the multi half- bridge TLE94112EL. This device is capable of driving up to 11 motors in parallel. For the easy evaluation Infineon offers a shield for Arduino, software examples and more.
Integrated solutions for DC motor control - Find the right device & support tools to master your electronic design challenge!
DC Motor Control Shield with multi half-bridge TLE94112EL for Arduino
Small but mighty! This is the key characteristics of Infineon’s 12-fold half-bridge TLE94112EL. The device is capable of driving 6 bi-directional and up to 11 uni-directional motors. This is a perfect solution for systems with multiple motors like robots. If the nominal current of 0.9 A per half-bridge is not enough you can switch outputs in parallel.
- Driver with 12 half-bridge outputs to drive DC motors, resistive or inductive loads
- Driver is protected against over-temperature, over-current, over-voltage, under-voltage and enables diagnosis of over-current, over-voltage, under-voltage
- SPI interface for control an diagnosis
- Enhanced EMC performance
- Integrated PWM generator with 3 different frequencies (80Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz)
How to drive easily small DC Motors with the new TLE94xyz Multi Half Bridges Family
DC Motor Control Shield with half-bridge BTN8982TA for Arduino
The half-bridge NovalithIC™ BTN8982TA is a motor control multi-talent for a wide range of uni- & bi-directional DC Motors. BTN8982TA provides a complete low-ohmic protected half-bridge in a single D2PAK (TO263-7) package. It can be combined with additional NovalithICs to create a 2-phase or 3-phase motor control solution.
- Capable of high frequency PWM, e.g. 30 kHz
- Adjustable slew rates for optimized EMI by changing external resistor
- Driver circuit with logic level inputs
- Diagnosis with current sense
Operating conditions for the shield
Brushed DC motor control up to 250 W continuous load recommended for the shield (BTN8982TA up to 600W)
- 8–18 V nominal input voltage (max. 6–40 V)
- Average motor current 30 A restricted due to PCB (BTN8982TA current limitation @ 55 A min.)
DC Motor Control Shield - How to easily and quickly make a motor turn
DC Motor Control Application Kit 2Go with H-Bridge IFX9201 and XMC1100 MCU
The H-Bridge Kit 2Go is a ready-to-use system which includes all you need on a tiny (30mm x 38mm) board:
- IFX9201 H-Bridge with 6A (peak) current capability
- XMC1100 Microcontroller based on ARM® Cortex®-M0 and on-board debug interface.
- Up to nominal 36 V supply voltage
- Short circuit, over-temperature protection and undervoltage shutdown
- Detailed SPI diagnosis or simple error flag
- Simple design with few external components
- Small and robust PG-DSO-12-17 package