Elmos E52350A79A - 72V BLDC motor driver for automotive applications
Elmos introduces component E523.50, a threefold 72V half-bridge driver for brushless DC (BLDC) motors. Feasible are automotive applications with 24 and 48 Volt onboard power supply. The IC complies with AEC-Q100, Grade 0 requirements.
The high-voltage input, a digital RUN pin and six digital inputs control the three half-bridge gate drivers (three high side and three low side gate drivers). The IC is configurable for six direct control inputs or three enable and three PWM inputs with dead time generated automatically and adjustment using an external resistor.
The component has an integrated DC/DC step-down (buck) converter, which provides the drivers with a gate voltage of 11V/100mA. The internal 3.3V control unit is able to supply the microcontroller with 20mA.
The E523.50 demonstrator board is available from Avnet Silica.
Features & benefits
- Supply voltage range from 12V to 72V
- DC/DC converter for 11V/100mA
- 3.3V MCU supply up to 20mA direct load
- 200mA gate drivers including protection
- Integrated back EMF detection
- TJUNC peak = +150°C
- AEC-Q 100 qualified
- SoC version with integrated MCU is also available
- All kind of pumps, fans, power window, heating, ventilation and air conditioning.