TD next high quality miniature camera modules
TD next provide a wide range of high quality and cost-effective miniature camera modules for VGA, 720p and 5Mp resolution. The modules include an image sensor, an optimized lens and a robust connector. In combination with a development kit or an Avnet Silica embedded vision solution, customers have powerful tools to create and design own applications starting from an out-of-the-box experience. Avnet Silica and TD next provide in-depth design support and full customer service. Customized modules can be developed depending on requirements and volume.
TD next miniature camera modules provide following advantages and features:
- Long life cycle - long lifetime is a problem today for industrial camera modules. If possible, the selected image sensors on the camera modules are also qualified in automotive grade, to guarantee that the industrial grade with relaxed specifications will be available for many years. TD next has full control over the process and lifetime of the modules.
- Short time to market - no competence needed to develop a camera module. Building your own camera module has many risks and selection of the right image sensor in combination with the right lens is critical. TD next modules are easy to implement and will reduce the development cycle time significantly.
- Cost effective - developing an own module needs several iterations and has risks. Development costs can significantly increase. TD next run through this process and provides fully qualified and ready-to-use modules.
- Custom design - TD next has the capability to build new camera modules for specific needs depending on the business case and volume.
- Full technical and sales support - data sheets, manuals, 3D files are available under NDA and design reviews upon request. Additionally Avnet Silica provide safe purchasing and payment conditions
- Total solution approach - Avnet Silica provide full Embedded Vision solutions with TD next camera modules. The solutions include drivers and application examples. Recommendations can be provided for additional components like MCU’s, interfacing, memory, power management, etc...
- Security and video surveillance
- Door phone and home automation
- Industrial monitoring system and automated inspection
- HVAC system control
- Access control systems
- Video conferencing
- Real-time video streaming and battery powered videocam
- Logistics and retail analysis
Product family range
Optical filters selectively pass light of specific wavelength or range of wavelengths while blocking the remainder light. TD next camera modules are available with different filter options and have a dual filter or a single filter on top of the lens. Additionally, modules are available without an optical filter.
The optical filters are used to increase the contrast of features of interest in a scene. The choice of a filter depends on the application or the situation you want to use the camera module for. The filter will also improve the detection process and makes the software and algorithm implementation easier.
The Dual Filter is an 850nm Day/Night Filter, or dual bandpass filter, used for day and night imaging systems. This filter allows passing the full visible light in the daytime to form a color image. It also transmits 850nm NIR (Near InfraRed) light when 850nm LED light sources are power on, to form a black and white image during the night. Because this filter blocks most of NIR light except for the 850nm range, the color image in the daytime can be clearer.
Modules with this type of lens are typically used for day and night surveillance cameras, video door phones, medical identification or automated inspection.
The Single Filter is an IR cutoff filter. This filter allows passing the full visible light in the daytime to form a color image, but block the full infrared light spectrum. Because this filter blocks all IR light, the color image in the daytime can be clearer.
Modules with this filter have the best image quality for daylight applications and when usage during night is not needed.
Modules without any filter will pass all light, including IR light. Modules without a filter are typically used for applications requiring all image and color details.
Evaluation kits and Embedded Vision solutions
For each product family, EVKs (Evaluation Kits) are available. The EVKs include the hardware and software to test the camera modules and to find the right characteristics to optimize the image quality of the camera module for your specific applications.
Evaluation kit for TD7740 VGA camera modules. The kit includes an adapter board with camera modules and a main board for connection with a PC. The latest documentation and software can be downloaded from an FTP site. The software includes the Omnvision Panther software tool from Omnivision, to configure all the parameters and settings for the camera module.
Kit includes TD1402 PCB adapter board with a TD7740-SBBB SMK camera module + OV538 OmniVision Panther main board + 2 additional TD7740-SBBB modules and 2 SMK connectors
TDM114-EVK (available soon)
Evaluation kit for TDM114 720p camera modules. The kit includes adapter boards with camera modules and a main board for connection with a PC. The latest documentation and software can be downloaded from an FTP site. The software includes the On Semiconductor software tool, to configure all the parameters and settings for the camera module.
Evaluation kit for TD5640 5Mp camera modules. The kit includes several adapter boards with camera modules and a main board for connection with a PC. The latest documentation and software can be downloaded from an FTP site. The software includes the Omnvision Panther software tool from Omnivision, to configure all the parameters and settings for the camera module. The kit supports a parallel interface.
Kit includes adapter and connector boards + OV538 OmniVision Panther board + 4 different TD5640 modules; TD5640-FCFC, TD5640-FBGC, TD5640-HBHC, TD5640-HBIC.
Avnet Silica Embedded Vision solutions
Avnet Silica provides full Embedded Vision Solutions including hardware, software, drivers and algorithms with example applications. The tool is fine-tuned for the combination of the processor with the camera modules.
Several Embedded Vision Solutions are available with TD next camera modules.
Cost optimized, low-power video solution with NXP Kinetis Cortex M4
Low resolution video streaming or still image capturing
Standard USB interface
TD7740 camera module included
Check here for more info
Do you have any questions about Embedded Vision solutions offered by Avnet Silica? Then please feel free to contact our experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.