ON Semiconductor NCS40x – high-side current sense amplifier family
NCS40x is a high voltage, high resolution, high-side current sense amplifier. It features gain options of 14V/V, 20 V/V, 50V/V, and 100V/V with a maximum ±0.35% gain error over the entire temperature range. The buffered output voltage directly interfaces with any typical converter. The NCS40x can perform unidirectional or bidirectional current measurements across a shunt resistor in a variety of industrial and telecom applications, including motor control, battery management, and base station power amplifier bias control.
Features & benefits
- Low offset voltage: ±50µV typ. (referred to input)
- Low offset drift: ±0.1µV/°C typ.
- Bandwidth: 500Khz typ.
- Operating Common Mode Input Range from 4 to 80V
- Transient survival from -10 to 85V
- General purpose high-side and low-side current sensing
- Bidirectional motor control
- Battery chargers