Microchip ATSHA204A – Microchip® CryptoAuthentication
The Microchip SHA-based CryptoAuthentication crypto element devices have been architected to provide flexible user-configured security to enable a wide range of authentication models. The ATSHA204A is the first device in the SHA device group. The ATECC108A and ATECC508A are supersets of the ATSHA204A and thus upward compatible. As with all CryptoAuthentication devices, the ATSHA204A is easy to design in with no crypto expertise required.
- Cost-effective Symmetric Authentication Solution
- Fast Authentication
- Easy Key Management
The Microchip® ATSHA204A is a full turnkey security device. It includes a 4.5Kb EEPROM divided into 16 slots. This array can be used for storage of keys, miscellaneous read/write, read-only, password or secret data, and consumption tracking. Access to the various sections of memory can be restricted in a variety of ways and then the configuration locked to prevent changes.
Access to the chip is through a standard I²C interface at speeds up to 1Mb/sec. The chip also supports a single-wire interface that can reduce the number of GPIOs required on the system processor and/or reduce the number of pins on connectors. It is compatible with most UART or serial I/O controllers. System integration is eased with a wide supply voltage range and an ultra-low sleep current of less than 100nA.
- Crypto Element with Protected Hardware-based Key Storage
- Secure Symmetric Authentication Device Host and Client Operations
- Superior SHA-256 Hash Algorithm with Message Authentication Code (MAC) and Hash-Based Message Authentication Code (HMAC) Options
- Best-in-class, 256-bit Key Length; Storage for Up to 16 Keys
- Guaranteed Unique 72-bit Serial Number
- Secure Download and Boot
- Ecosystem Control
- Message Security