Maxim MAX30003: ultra-low power, single-channel integrated biopotential ECG AFE
The MAX30003 is a complete, biopotential, analog front-end solution for wearable applications. It offers high performance for clinical and fitness applications, with ultra-low power for long battery life. The MAX30003 is a single biopotential channel providing ECG waveforms and heart rate detection.
The biopotential channel has ESD protection, EMI filtering, internal lead biasing, DC leads-off detection, ultra-low power leads-on detection during standby mode, and extensive calibration voltages for built-in self-test. Soft power-up sequencing ensures no large transients are injected into the electrodes. The biopotential channel also has high input impedance, low noise, high CMRR, programmable gain, various low-pass and high-pass filter options, and a high-resolution analog-to-digital converter. The biopotential channel is DC coupled, can handle large electrode voltage offsets, and has a fast recovery mode to quickly recover from overdrive conditions, such as defibrillation and electrosurgery.
The MAX30003 is available in a 28-pin TQFN and 30-bump wafer-level package (WLP), operating over the 0°C to +70°C commercial temperature range.
- Clinical-Grade ECG AFE with High-Resolution Data Converter
- 15.5 Bits Effective Resolution with 5µVP-P Noise
- Better Dry Starts Due to Much Improved Real World CMRR and High Input Impedance
- Fully Differential Input Structure with CMRR > 100dB
- Offers Better Common-Mode to Differential Mode Conversion Due to High Input Impedance
- High Input Impedance > 500MΩ for Extremely Low Common-to-Differential Mode Conversion
- Minimum Signal Attenuation at the Input During Dry Start Due to High Electrode Impedance
- High DC Offset Range of ±650mV (1.8V, typ) Allows to Be Used with Wide Variety of Electrodes
- High AC Dynamic Range of 65mVP-P Will Help the AFE Not Saturate in the Presence of Motion/Direct Electrode Hits
- Longer Battery Life Compared to Competing Solutions
- 85µW at 1.1V Supply Voltage
- Leads-On Interrupt Feature Allows to Keep µC in Deep Sleep Mode with RTC Off Until Valid Lead Condition is Detected
- Lead-On Detect Current: 0.7µA (typ)
- Built-In Heart Rate Detection with Interrupt Feature Eliminates the Need to Run HR Algorithm on the μController
- Robust R-R Detection in High Motion Environment at Extremely Low Power
- Configurable Interrupts Allows the µC Wake Up Only on Every Heart Beat Reducing the Overall System Power
- High Accuracy Allows for More Physiological Data Extractions
- 32-Word FIFO Allows You to Wake Up µController Every 256ms with Full ECG Acquisition
- High-Speed SPI Interface
- Shutdown Current of 0.5µA (typ)
- Bio Authentication and ECG-On-Demand Applications
- Chest Band Heart Rate Monitors for Fitness Applications
- Single Lead Event Monitors for Arrhythmia Detection
- Single Lead Wireless Patches for At-Home/In-Hospital Monitoring
Register for MyMaxim
Registering for MyMaxim allows you to get the most up to date information about Maxim Integrated! You can subscribe to their newsletters, market updates, select product interests and peruse their massive video library.