Infineon DPS310 - digital barometric air pressure sensor
DPS310 is a digital barometric air pressure sensor featuring an ultra-high resolution, high accuracy, low energy consumption and miniature size. DPS310 is specially designed to enable enhanced navigation experience, activity level monitoring, gesture recognition and weather monitoring.
The product provides ultra-high precision up to ±5 cm and ±0.06 hPa relative accuracy. The pressure sensing element is based on a unique capacitive principle, which is totally different from piezoelectric technology employed in most of the pressure sensors available in today’s market. The capacitive technology enables high accuracy during temperature changes, which is important for smart phones, wearable and personal navigation devices.
- Operating pressure range: 300 - 1200 hPa
- Operating temperature range: -40 - 85°C
- Pressure level precision: ±0.006 hPa (or ±5 cm) (high-precision mode)
- Pressure sensor relative accuracy: ±0.06 hPa (or ±0.5 m)
- Temperature accuracy: ±0.5°C
- Pressure temperature sensitivity: < 0.5 Pa/K
- Measurement time: Low-power mode: 3 ms
- Average current consumption:
- Low power: 3 µA (1 measurement/sec.)
- Standby: < 1 µA
- Supply voltage: VDDIO: 1.2 - 3.6 V, VDD: 1.7 - 3.6 V
- Operating modes: Command (manual), background (automatic), standby
- Interface: I2C and SPI (both with optional interrupt)
- Miniature package 8-pin LGA: 2.0 x 2.5 x 1.0 mm
- Internet of Things
- Wearable electronics e.g. health and sports gadgets
- Indoor navigation floor detection e.g. in shopping malls and parking garages
- Outdoor navigation in personal navigation devices
- Dead-reckoning e.g. in tunnels
- Local weather station
The barometric pressure sensor DPS310 offers excellent pressure noise performance and high stability with temperature.
- Most accurate solution with +/-0.005hPa precision (resolution) that equals to +/-5cm. DPS310 has a very low noise and it can detect even individual steps. Its capacitive sensing element has a linear temperature dependency, which makes accurate temperature compensation possible. This is why DPS310 has excellent temperature stability.
- Additional temperature sensor in the device - DPS310 works also as a temperature sensor
- Less energy consumption - the integrated FIFO can store up to 32 pressure / temperature measurements. The sensor hub in the host device can be powered down between the readings.
- Optimized energy usage - DPS310 is configurable for different use cases. The current consumption in low power mode: pressure measurement 1.7µA and Temperature measurement 1.5µA.
Application circuit example