Dialog Semiconductor DA7212 - ultra low power stereo CODEC with 650µW always on power mode
DA7212 is a high performance, low-power audio codec with an enhanced hybrid ALC and a powerful speaker driver targeting wearable, portable and embedded applications. It operates from a single supply and has an internal LDO that can be used to optimise power consumption.
The DA7212 audio codec has exceptionally low always-on power consumption (650µW) which can extend the battery life of portable devices – including wearable devices - in an ‘always-on’ mode enabling constant tracking and instant recognition of voice commands.
It integrates an enhanced hybrid Automatic Level Control (ALC) that offers faster reaction times and finer gain resolution to maintain a consistent audio quality level when recording.
- High performance 24-bit audio codec in 7.5mm2 footprint
- Ultra low power consumption. Stereo Playback: 6 .9mW, Stereo Record: 2.0mW @1.8V
- Supports up to four analogue microphones with two switchable low noise microphone bias outputs
- Digital microphone interface supporting single channel or dual channel options
- Stereo auxiliary input channel Flexible analogue and digital mixing paths
- DSP for ALC, 5-band EQ, noise gate, beep generator
- System controller for pop/click free operation and easy setup
- Bidirectional I2S with sample-rate tracking
- Mono lineout/mini Speaker driver: 1.2W @ 5V, THD<10%, R=8Ω
- Integrated PLL supports common audio sample rates between 8-96kHz from 2-54MHz reference clock
- Optimised ball-out conducive for low cost PCB manufacturing
- Personal Media Players
- Audio headphone/headsets
- Embedded applications
- Arduino compatible development systems