Microchip EtherCAT Development Kit
Pmod™ and Arduino compatible EtherCAT® slave starter kit
The EtherCAT® Starter Kit - developed by Avnet Silica - is based on the Microchip LAN9252 EtherCAT slave controller. The easy to use EtherCAT Starter Kit has a Pmod™ and Arduino compatible interface, as well as a header with all I/Os of the LAN9252, which allows the direct connection to microcontroller starter kits from many suppliers for fast prototyping. Many topologies in place are now calling for Industry 4.0 and the Internet of Things (IoT) which are embraced within EtherCAT. In generating the PMOD-COM-ETHERCAT system, Avnet Silica has responded to customers’ requests with a fast time to market and low cost of entry evaluation platform.
The LAN9252 EtherCAT slave controller has integrated 100base-TX PHYs with auto-MDIX, cable diagnostic and support for 100base-FX fiber as well. The flexible host interface can be confi gured as SPI, QSPI or 8/16bit parallel interface. The LAN9252 supports single supply and extended temperature range up to 105°C.
The EtherCAT Starter Kit can be integrated in the Avnet Silica Visible Things™ platform as well.
- Flexible, cost effective, single chip EtherCAT slave solution
- Easy development, fast time to market
- Interface to any application MCU/CPU
- LAN9252 EtherCAT Slave controller
- Pmod interface: SPI, QSPI
- Arduino interface: SPI, I/O
- Header with all LAN9252 I/O pins
- EtherCAT stack from Beckhoff and well-known third parties
- I/O modules, distributed I/Os and control units
- Rotary encoders and sensors
- Actuators, valves and drives
- Interface modules, field bus bridges
- EtherCAT applications with 105°C extended temperature support
LAN9252 EtherCAT slave controller
Microchip’s LAN9252 is a 2/3-port EtherCAT slave controller with dual integrated Ethernet PHYs which each contain a full-duplex 100BASE-TX transceiver and support 100 Mbps (100BASE-TX) operation. The LAN9252 supports HP Auto-MDIX, allowing the use of direct connect or crossover LAN cables. 100BASE-FX is supported via an external fiber transceiver (Finisar).
This device provides system developers a cost-effective solution for realizing EtherCAT slave solutions.
- 2/3-port EtherCAT slave controller
- Dual integrated 100BASE-TX PHY’s with Auto-MDIX
- 3th port via MII
- Interfaces to most 8/16/32-bit MCU
- SPI / Quad SPI
- 8/16bit host bus interface
- Digital I/O mode with 16 I/O
- Low power modes
- 1.6 V to 3.6 V variable I/O voltage
- Integrated 1.2 V regulator enables single 3.3 V supply
- IEEE802.3u 100Base-FX Fiber Interface
- Cable Diagnostics Open, short, cable length detection
- 64-pin QFN and TQFP-EP
- Extended temperature -40 to +105 °C support
EtherCAT Development Kit
Easy to use EtherCAT Starter Kit has a Pmod™ and Arduino compatible interface, as well as a header with all I/Os of the LAN9252, which allows the direct connection to microcontroller starter kits from many suppliers for fast prototyping.
Have a Question? Contact Us