Infineon TLE493D - 3D magnetic sensor family
3D magnetic field sensor for smaller, more accurate and robust designs, ideal for automotive
By combining 3-axis measurement in a small package, with low power consumption, Infineon’s TLE493D sensors provide a contactless position sensing alternative to applications which traditionally use mechanical or optical solutions. The system size for these applications can be reduced as magnetic threshold stability over temperature provides a highly accurate and more robust solution for those systems.
Infineon’s sensor provides a standard 2-wire digital I2 C communication interface, which enables a bi-directional communication between the sensor and microcontroller. In keeping with the highest quality standards and environmental regulations, the sensor is RoHs compliant, JESD47 or AEC-Q100 qualified and supports system according functional safety standard ISO 26262.
TLE493D-A2B6 is ideally suited for applications in the automotive area such as multi function steering wheel.
- 3D magnetic flux density sensing of ±160mT
- Programmable flux resolution down to 65µT (typ.)
- X-Y angular measurement mode
- Power down mode with 7nA (typ) power consumption
- 12-bit data resolution for each measurement direction plus 10-bit temperature sensor
- Variable update frequencies and power modes (configurable during operation)
- Temperature range Tj=-40 °C…125°C, supply voltage range = 2.8V…3.5V
- Triggering by external µC possible via I2C protocol
- Interrupt signal to indicate a valid measurement to the microcontroller
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Component reduction due to 3D magnetic measurement principle
- Wide application range addressable due to high flexibility
- Platform adaptability due to device configurability
- Disturbance of smaller stray fields are neglectable compared to the high magnetic flux measurement rang
- Gear stick position
- Control elements in the top column module and multi function steering wheel
- Multi function knobs
- Pedal/valve position sensing
Evaluation board - TLE493D-A2B6 3D-MS2GO
The 3D Magnetic Sensor 2GO is a budget-priced evaluation board equipped with a magnetic sensor for three dimensional measurement combined with an ARM® Cortex™-M0 CPU. The 3D Magnetic Sensor 2GO has a complete set of on-board devices, including an on-board debugger. Build your own application and gadget with the 3D Magnetic Sensor 2GO.
- TLE493D-A2B6 (three dimensional magnetic sensor)
- XMC1100 (ARM® Cortex™-M0 based)
- On-board J-Link Lite Debugger (Realized with XMC4200 Microcontroller)
- Power over USB (Micro USB), ESD and reverse current protectionB6 3D-MS2GO