Avnet Silica NB-IoT Sensor Shield
Arduino compatibility provides ultimate flexibility for Avnet Silica's narrowband-IoT Sensor Shield based on Quectel BG96.
The Avnet Silica NB-IoT Sensor Shield is a Cat M1 and NB-IoT board providing Arduino pinout connectors. The Arduino compatibility provides ultimate flexibility, leveraging on a huge ecosystem of compatible boards. It enables you to choose the microcontroller board that best fits your application, like STM32 Nucleo boards, and combine them with sensors and other peripheral boards as needed.
The NB-IoT Sensor Shield is equipped with Pmod connectors for an extended compatibility with addional boards. The shield is based on Quectel BG96, a low power module supporting Cat M1, Cat NB1 and EGPRS fallback. GNSS is supported.
With AT commands Avnet Silica's NB-IoT Sensor Shield is easy to program and supports mbed OS for quick development and leveraging on free stacks like SSL, MQTT, COAP etc.
Learn more about the Avnet Silica NB-IoT Sensor Shield:
- Based on Quectel LPWA Module BG96
- Multi Modes: Cat.M1, Cat.NB1, EGPRS
- Global bands
- Cat M1/NB1: B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B8 B12 B13 B18 B19 B20 B26 B28 B39 (B39 for Cat M1 only)
- EGPRS: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Low Power Consumption
- Approx. 10 uA in PSM mode
- Optional GNSS
- GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou/Compass, Galileo, QZSS
- Voice Over LTE support (M1 only)
- PCM digital audio interface
- SIM holder
- Arduino pinout
- AT Commands support
- Built in support for PPP/TCP/UDP/SSL/TLS/FTP(S)/HTTP(S)
- Support for major operating system Android, Linux, Windows
- Support for mbed OS for integrated embedded development
Ready for mbed OS5 - a platform OS for IoT devices
- ARM® mbed™ is a free, open-source embedded operating system designed specifically for the "things" in the Internet of Things.
- Enables application and component libraries to work unchanged across MCUs
- Provides portability for developers and helps to deliver network effects for contributors
- Consistent boot and C/C++ runtime across MCUs
- Including support across different toolchains, std library integrations
- RTOS kernel
- Built on the established, widely used, open source CMSIS-RTOS RTX
- Very small kernel optimised for constrained memory devices
- Peripheral driver APIs
- Common Driver APIs for all common peripherals, supported across all MCUs
- Enhanced connectivity and security stack
- Detailed information at os.mbed.com: Getting started mbed NbIot with BG96 module
NB-IoT sensor shield - demo video
Avnet Silica’s highly flexible and Arduino-compatible Connectivity Solution
Request design files
Please complete the form below to request design files. One of our team will get in touch and send you the files as soon as possible.