IIS2ICLX - High-accuracy, high-resolution, low-power, 2-axis digital inclinometer with Embedded Machine Learning Core
The IIS2ICLX is a high-accuracy (ultra-low noise, high stability and repeatability) and low-power two-axis linear accelerometer with digital output.
The IIS2ICLX has a selectable full scale of ±0.5/±1/±2/±3 g and is capable of providing the measured accelerations to the application over an I²C or SPI digital interface. Its high accuracy, stability over temperature and repeatability make IIS2ICLX particularly suitable for inclination measurement applications (inclinometers).
The sensing element is manufactured using a dedicated micromachining process developed by STMicroelectronics to produce inertial sensors and actuators on silicon wafers. The IC interface is manufactured using a CMOS process that allows a high level of integration to design a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the characteristics of the sensing element.
The IIS2ICLX has an unmatched set of embedded features (programmable FSM, Machine Learning Core, sensor hub, FIFO, event decoding and interrupts) which are enablers for implementing smart and complex sensor nodes which deliver high accuracy and performance at very low power.
The IIS2ICLX is available in a high-performance (low-stress) ceramic cavity land grid array (CC LGA) package and can operate within a temperature range of -40 °C to +105 °C.
- 2-axis linear accelerometer
- Selectable full scale: ±0.5/±1/±2/±3 g
- Ultra-low noise performance: 15 µg/√Hz
- Superior stability over temperature (<0.075 mg/°C) and repeatability
- Embedded compensation for high stability over temperature
- I²C/SPI digital output interface
- Low power: 0.42 mA with 2 axes delivering full performance
- Sensor hub feature to efficiently collect data from additional external sensors
- Smart embedded FIFO up to 3 kbytes
- Programmable high-pass and low-pass digital filters
- Programmable Machine Learning Core to integrate AI algorithms and reduce power consumption at system level
- Programmable Finite State Machine to process data from accelerometer and one external sensor
- Extended operating temperature range (-40 °C to +105 °C)
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Analog supply voltage: 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- High shock survivability
- ECOPACK, RoHS and "Green" compliant
- Precision inclinometers
- Antenna pointing and platform leveling
- Structural health monitoring
- Precise leveling instruments
- Installation and monitoring of equipment
- Robotics and industrial automation
STEVAL-MKI209V1K - MEMS inclinometer kit based on IIS2ICLX
The STEVAL-MKI209V1K evaluation board has an embedded IIS2ICLX inclinometer sensor, which is connected through flat cable to a simple adapter board (STEVAL-MKIGIBV2) to render it compatible with STEVAL-MKI109V3.
The sensor is soldered precisely in the center of the board and double-sided adhesives are provided to allow users to conveniently mount the board on equipment destined for vibration analysis. Alternatively, you can mount the board using the holes located in each corner of the PCB.
The STEVAL-MKIGIBV2 can be plugged into a standard DIL 24 socket. The kit provides the complete IIS2ICLX pin-out and comes ready-to-use with the required decoupling capacitors on the VDD power supply line.
This adapter is supported by the STEVAL-MKI109V3 motherboard with high performance 32-bit microcontroller functioning as a bridge between the sensor and a PC, on which it is possible to use the downloadable graphical user interface (Unico GUI), or dedicated software routines for customized applications.
- User friendly IIS2ICLX board
- Complete IIS2ICLX pinout for a standard DIL 24 socket
- Double-sided adhesives included for easy mounting on equipment to be measured
- Fully compatible with and STEVAL-MKI109V3 motherboard
- RoHS compliant
Commited to industrial
Take a look at STMicroelectronics' solutions for IIoT and Smart Home and Smart Citiy initiatives. You can win new boards every month!
Have a question? Contact us