Renesas RE01 1500KB
RE01 1500KB Group - Ultra-low power products with 1.5-Mbyte Flash Memory
The RE01 1500KB product is based on the SOTB™ process technology which realizes ultra-low current consumption in both active and standby mode and high-speed operation (64MHz) at low voltage (1.62V), which is impossible to achieve with conventional bulk silicon processes. The RE01 1500KB product can significantly extend battery life and deliver high performance even for small batteries. In addition, its on-chip energy harvesting controller can extend the battery life further, or completely eliminate a battery to achieve a maintenance-free system. The 1.5MB of on chip flash memory can be used for applications that require the storage of large amounts of data, such as image information, and applications that require remote firmware updates (Over The Air (OTA)) via a wireless or other communications network.
- SOTB process technology
- Active current: 35μA/MHz, 15μA/MHz w/ external DCDC (ISL9123)
- Standby current: 500nA
- Cortex-M0+ up to 64MHz at 1.62V
- Large flash: 1.5MB / SRAM: 256KB
- On-chip energy harvesting control circuit
- Low power 14-bit ADC (4uA)
- Low power flash programing (0.6mA)
- MIP-LCD parallel interface
- 2D-graphics engine
- Motor driver control for clock
- Security function using Trusted Secure IP
Customer’s system can have:
- Longer battery life with same size battery
- High-speed operation under limited power supply such as energy harvesting, coin cell battery and industry standard (ex. ErP standard in Europe and 4-20mA transmitter for industry)
- Reduced form factor by using smaller battery with same level of performance
- Hybrid watch
- Smart home
- Smart building
Evaluation Kit RE01 1500KB
The Evaluation Kit RE01 1500KB enables evaluation and development by combining energy harvesting with the user's hardware system, which makes semi-permanent battery maintenance for the RE01 1500KB unnecessary.
The kits are now available at Avnet Silica. Contact your local Sales office with the part number RTK70E015DS00000BE.
The RE Family based on Renesas' innovative SOTB™ process technology realizes ultra-low current consumption in both active and standby mode and fast operation at low operation voltage.
Have a question? Contact us